another dismissal from bethel ... letter

by What-A-Coincidence 14 Replies latest jw friends

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

We were informed that we are being reassigned to the special pioneer service. This is truly another blessing and underserved kindness from Jehovah. All of the prayers and comments from the table have helped tremendously. We are looking forward to this new avenue of service that has opened up.

-----

Can you say "MIND CONTROL"?

Another blessing?

Underserved Kindness?

New avenue of service?

WTF????

Tell us how you really feel deep down inside!!!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Brainwash...OUTLAW

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Did the org give them a form letter to send out? Cause that sounds VERY organizational-like, Watchtower-ey, theocratese.

• VM44
    VM44

"underserved kindness".....Why won't JWs just use the word "Grace"? --VM44

• sf
    sf

sKally

• blondie
    blondie

Special pioneers get a monthly allowance from headquarters...biting the had that feeds you might not be a good idea. Bethelites learn to keep their complaints to themselves since the 1981 Great Apostasy.

I can't get my answer on grace/undeserved kindness to post.

• VM44
    VM44

Here is what blondie was trying to post concerning "undserved kindness".

The "answer" that the Watchtower gives is both condescending and pompous.

It was probably written by Fred Franz, as who else at Bethel in 1956 knew Koine Greek?

--VM44

*** w56 7/1 p. 415 Questions From Readers ***

Is not the New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures verbose, for instance, in using "catches sight of" for "sees" at 1 John 5:16 and "undeserved kindness" for "grace"?-J. S., United States.

You do not state whether you have studied the koine Greek of the Bible or not, but, if not, then, because of your unfamiliarity therewith, the way the New World Translation Committee renders some Greek verbs and terms and expressions in English may seem strained to you or verbose. But not so according to one acquainted with the Greek. The Greek verb rendered "catches sight of" in the New World Translation is in a peculiar tense of the Greek language, the aorist, and refers not to a repetition of acts or to a continuing action but to just one instance of the act. The use of the present tense of the verb "see," namely, "sees," as in the King James Version, does not bring out accurately the singular meaning of the verb here in the aorist tense, the catching of a person, as you say, red-handed, in the act.

Likewise with the expression "undeserved kindness." It is simply because people do not understand the meaning of this Scriptural Greek word in its several uses that the New World Translation Committee made the meaning unmistakable by the use of the above expression. In English the word "grace" has fourteen or more different meanings. Which one does it mean, as at John 1:14 (AV), "full of grace and truth"? Does it mean there "gracefulness"? Or "favor"? Or "the grant of temporary immunity"? Or what? The New World Translation leaves no doubt as to the meaning but renders it "undeserved kindness," in keeping with the context, as, for instance, the succeeding verse 17.

So we appreciate the New World Translation for its attention to detail and its sincere effort to bring out the exact shade of meaning of the original koine Greek rather than bring out a slipshod translation with an equivocal meaning.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Special......words?

4 ... S P E C I A L .. people

So glad my wife does'nt through this special lingo in my face. She knows my special reaction.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Mine does too.....

• Arthur
    Arthur

We were informed that we are being reassigned to the special pioneer service. This is truly another blessing and underserved kindness from Jehovah. All of the prayers and comments from the table have helped tremendously. We are looking forward to this new avenue of service that has opened up.

This rhetorical wind is just dripping with the typical Watchtower cliches and platitudes. It reads like a transcript taken from a District Convention interview. If I ever start speaking like this; I hope someone will give me the "undeserved kindness" of euthanasia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit