You can tell an assemblies getting near when...

by dobbie 4 Replies latest jw friends

• dobbie
    dobbie

people and family who you haven't heard from in ages suddenly start phoning or popping round!The jws just had their district assembly and i said to hubby at the beginning of the month id bet him a fiver his mother would be in touch because the assembly was coming and they'd be told to get inactive ones there to swell the figures.(Hardly has anything to do with us usually).Sure enough he had a loveydovey text from her saying she was still at the meetings and missed him, then two elders contact us(though it looks like after what i said they are trying to d'a me, and then my ex best friend calls round this weekend while i was out and then two sisters came round today but i got hubby to answer the door.Think he owes me quite a few fivers now don't you!Isn't it a bit false though to only bother when they are told to do so?Had better find out when the next assembly is due so i can barricade the door and turn the answering machine on!Maybe i am just getting too cynical and they are trying to help but just seems funny i was right about the timimg doesn't it?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

your good! i knew when an elder would call me when i first left , it was ALWAYS the week before or the week of the CO visit. gotta get his paper work in order ya know.

• restrangled
    restrangled

When you hear this years district assembly is probably the last one, why don't you just come Sunday to hear the main talk.

r.

• Honesty
    Honesty

At my house you could always tell. The ex would start designing apparel for the three day Fashion Show.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

The elders and other exemplary publishers would all be out visiting less active ones just before the memorial, the co visits and the assemblies, even if they hadn't visited them anytime in between. It was just an attempt to swell the numbers for special occasions, nothing more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit