Need help looking for wt quote

by JT 4 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

" I seem to remember a quote from one of the Watchtower publications (in fact, I remember reading it when it came out and was rather perplexed at it) that stated that it was not necessary for JWs to do any reading and/or researching outside of the Watchtower publications because the brothers at Bethel had already done that research for them.

##########

does anyone know where i can find the quote above

• rebel8
  • AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Jt

Can't find that precise quote - but in looking at prominent articles about research in the WT CD ROM I found not a single reference to the idea of making serious research outside of the publications. Yes, as a primary idea it is what Jw's believe, but have they stated it so? Don't know.

Jeff

• JT
    JT

JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in less than 5 min i found would i was looking for- Thanks Rebel- I owe you dinner

this is why there is no reason for any jw to be in the dark on the wt

they have all the answers at thier finger tips, they just have to have the desire and be wilingly to READ!

*** Watchtower 1967 June 1 p.338 Move Ahead with Jehovah?s Organization ***

12 How will we put these four things into effect? First, study: We may think of study as hard work, as involving heavy research. But in Jehovah?s organization it is not necessary to spend a lot of time and energy in research, for there are brothers in the organization who are assigned to do that very thing, to help you who do not have so much time for this, these preparing the good material in The Watchtower and other publications of the Society. But you do not study enough? Take this suggestion: Often the very best and most beneficial studying you do is that done when you read a new Watchtower or Awake! or a new book with the joy of getting the new truths and a fresh view.

• rebel8

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit