CAN I SAY 1 MORE THING?

by troubled 19 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled
    troubled

Dungbeetle,

You said:

"Nothing like a good old-fashioned guilt trip to make us feel like we are running somebody off."

I was simply expressing my feelings. You chose to view it as a guilt trip. Unless you have special powers to read motives, you are speaking unfairly.

Also, I didn't blame anyone for "running me off." I said I PERSONALLY was troubled by the attacks and I PERSONALLY was considering leaving because of it.

You said:

"How cult-minded of such a person. When facts and figures, names dates and places are in short supply, there's always good old fashioned name-calling."

When did you ask me for any facts or figures? I see where you resorted to name calling. "how cult-minded of a person.") Where did I?

You said:
    "Happy? what the h--l does happiness have to do with anything?"

Happiness is a normal human desire. When weighing choices, we sometimes factor that into our decisions. Therefore, in my other post, I asked a logical question: whether or not ex-JWs were happier than they were as JWs.

You said:
    "Was Jesus HAPPY when he threw the money changers out of the temple?"

No. I didn't say humans should be happy ALL THE TIME.

You said:

"If a Jehovah's Witness can't come here to this board and connect with other Jehovah's Witnesses, then the fault ain't with this board or anyone on it."

I didn't say I couldn't connect. I said the personal attacks bother me and that it is a board set up primarily to support ex-JWs. As such, it may not be the right board for me (an active JW seeking information, to weigh pro and con, without personal attacks, sarcasm, etc.)

You said:
    "If someone comes to this board, and does not feel shock and pain over things like molestation, rape, exploitation, lying, shunning and a higher body count than the People's Temple...no you aren't going to find 'comfort and support' here."

Now wait a minute. Can you read my feelings too? When did I say I feel no shock or pain over some of the things I've read here?

You said:
    "GET DOWN OFF THE CROSS SOMEBODY NEEDS THE WOOD."

Albert Schweitzer said:

"WE WANDER THROUGH THIS LIFE TOGETHER IN A SEMI-DARKNESS IN WHICH NONE OF US CAN DISTINGUISH EXACTLY THE FEATURES OF HIS NEIGHBOR. ONLY FROM TIME TO TIME, THROUGH SOME EXPERIENCE THAT WE HAVE OF OUR COMPANION, OR THROUGH SOME REMARK THAT HE PASSES, HE STANDS FOR A MOMENT CLOSE TO US, AS THOUGH ILLUMINATED BY A FLASH OF LIGHTNING. THEN WE SEE HIM AS HE TRULY IS."

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Weren't you leaving?

• troubled
    troubled

I'm still trying to decide!

• troubled
    troubled

plus I felt unfairly walloped by dungbeetle and wanted to at least respond to his post.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hi Trouble,

Quote:
    "WE WANDER THROUGH THIS LIFE TOGETHER IN A SEMI-DARKNESS IN WHICH NONE OF US CAN DISTINGUISH EXACTLY THE FEATURES OF HIS NEIGHBOR. ONLY FROM TIME TO TIME, THROUGH SOME EXPERIENCE THAT WE HAVE OF OUR COMPANION, OR THROUGH SOME REMARK THAT HE PASSES, HE STANDS FOR A MOMENT CLOSE TO US, AS THOUGH ILLUMINATED BY A FLASH OF LIGHTNING. THEN WE SEE HIM AS HE TRULY IS."

Nice quote - very poigniant.
    I'm staying around for at least a few more flashes, it may enlighten.

LT

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Besides, you're feisty when you let rip <vvvvbg>.

LT

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Troubled,

I hope you stay. I enjoy your honesty in your posts. And I really like the way you stick up for yourself! Good job!

--LisaBObeesa

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

this is a public fourm.. dont be such a baby this happens on all internet forums... say it one time with me, IT'S JUST THE INTERNET....

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

What if the internet is real life and real life is the internet? Hmm?

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy troubled,

Responding to another's perceived "testy" post is a tried & true means of persevering on a forum. Trust me. I think a lot of us stay around just to respond to the person who would have *the nerve* to say that to us - or misunderstand us!

And then we learn to go back and forth, articulate our thoughts better, make more friendships, learn to discuss in real life also, and learn all kinds of stuff about the WTBTS that we didn't have a clue about.

Good reasons to stay, if you think about it.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit