OK, there's this guy.......

by purplesofa 20 Replies latest jw friends

• penny2
    penny2

Oh purps, I do know very well how difficult it can be. And I know all about playing out different scenarios in your head - you can be completely on the wrong track.

Still, if you would like to be in a relationship and you feel a connection with this man, it's a good start!

penny2

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Then ask him the same and see if you find yourself annoyed with some of his plans, excited or heavens forbid unmoved

OK.!

Still, if you would like to be in a relationship and you feel a connection with this man, it's a good start!

I think what the problem is ......we have not crossed the line, we have been friends. I would hate to lose the friendship. Really, we have always been honest wtih each other (sooner or later) so I feel ok about things. Maybe I am just anxious also.

purps

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Oh purps this sounds lovely. How nice to maybe possibly be falling in love with a friend. What could be better than being with someone you KNOW you like for lots of reasons and not just because your lady bits like his man bits.

Sigh.

You sound like a teenager. I think its lovely. Be scared. Its all part of it.

I hope it all works out for the best for you.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Purbs~ I think this may make an honest gal out of you yet! What the hell are you gonna do with a man of your own...hehe

Just messing. I think it is really neat. I personally tried dating someone who was a friend and I really don't feel that way romantically now. BUT we are still friends and he lives with me now and has his own girlfriend. We have been friends for a good 12 years now.

But if you are true friends, then the friendship should still be there. Remember a friend is one who weathers the tides and a still is there, and still loves you despite your faults. It is all the more better if they are friend and lover. Maybe it will work, maybe it wont...but only you know how close you two are. I see that you left and it may have felt like a bit of drama...but he seems pretty cool if you all talked and then had a good eave. You may have a gem. Might be good to let yourself have something good without the guilt. Ya know. Sounds like this is the type of guy who would be loyal (we never know) But it seems like he is a go getter. (owns his place has land) taking care of his children. He appears to be a gentleman kind of guy.

Let me know how it goes as it goes hon. I wish you love.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Hi Purps,

I am happy for you to be taking this new step in your life. Being ready to date a real man who isn't married, out of state or otherwise unavailable (hope you dont write inmates!) Those were because you weren't ready for a real relationship. Sounds like you are now. Whether this is the guy or not (who knows! its still in the hearts and flowers stage and delicious, huh?) You know that you are ready for the 'guy'. The real one that you can love for true and ever. Now you get the fun of figuring out who he is. Enjoy your friendship! Wherever it leads.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

update

What was I thinking?!!?!?!?!!?

Temporary INSANITY is the only way to explain......

oh, I am glad that is over.

purps

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

update

What was I thinking?!!?!?!?!!?

Temporary INSANITY is the only way to explain......

oh, I am glad that is over.

purps

Purps! What do you mean!!?? Please elaborate!! I read your whole thread and you can't leave me hanging like this, girl! Good Girl/Bad Girl

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

oh merde!, I was right!

• serendipity
    serendipity

I'd like to hear the story too, purps.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Well, hmmmmmmm, as a friend he is ok, as a potential romantic companion he is a jerk.

I really don't want to do the kid thing again, mine are grown.

Besides I met a guy that has no kids, never married, cute, wild about me so far, rides harleys and has tatoos!!!!

I think too, I was looking for normalcy, but it is just such a boring life. Someone like him is what I should want.....does that make sense?

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit