Report of bin Laden's death...

by Funchback 22 Replies latest social current

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

bump

• blondie
    blondie

US State Dept says cannot confirm bin Laden report 23 Sep 2006 14:19:21 GMT Source: Reuters
    WASHINGTON, Sept 23 (Reuters) - The U.S. State Department said on Saturday that it was unable to confirm a report in a French newspaper that al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden is believed to have died last month in Pakistan.

"We don't have any confirmation of those reports," spokesman Sean McCormack said.

The French regional daily L'Est Republicain said that, according to a French secret service report, Saudi Arabia was convinced that bin Laden died of typhoid in Pakistan in late August. The French government has said it could not confirm the report and would investigate the intelligence leak. http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N23256225.htm http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticleNew.asp?xfile=data/theworld/2006/September/theworld_September814.xml§ion=theworld

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Bin Laden has been very quiet lately... I suspect this news leak may be a rouse to force Bin Laden to show himself.

Its a great bluff when you think about it. Now he *has* to release a tape or video to prove he's still alive.

• poppers
    poppers

If it's true I wonder what his thoughts were as he lay dying. I wonder how long he felt pain, and what sort of pain it was. I wonder what the thoughts were of those who were attending to him.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Incumbent Republicans up for re-election in Nov must really be sweating this one.

• AntiPode
    AntiPode
    Now he *has* to release a tape or video to prove he's still alive.

Kind of like Fidel Castro...

V

• free2beme
    free2beme

Unless there is a body shown, then no Arab Muslim will admit it and they will end up making up more lies over and over about things he supposedly said.

• Santisimo
    Santisimo

Bin Laden might be dead, but there's millions of other islamic-freaks still walking the earth. That's even worse.

• read good books
    read good books

He'll probably die of old age before we ever catch him. Given the fact that his family has power friends in the U.S. I wonder how hard we are really looking.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

there was a cartoon, I think it was posted here it was like that the JW's found bin Laden, they were at the opening of the cave?? anyone see that? that was funny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit