Matt 22:23-30--no sex for resurrected ones?

by M.J. 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

purplesofa....That was the essence of Rutherford's "Fill the Earth" articles (and the book Children), which claimed that the mandate of the "great crowd" was to repopulate the earth after Armageddon...i.e. lots of sex and babies in Paradise (based mainly on a typology that likens the Flood to Armageddon, and the Flood survivors repopulating the earth)...and since Armageddon is so close, members of the "great crowd" should wait until after Armageddon to marry and have children because they will have lots of opportunity to do that shortly. That was back in the late '30s and '40s. Can you imagine the loyal JWs who put off marriage during their best years slaving for the organization, hoping to have their family in the new system, and then decades later they are old and if Armageddon does not happen fast, they will lose out any chance of having children at all since "there is no childbearing in the resurrection"?

• Brigido
    Brigido
    Am I wrong on this because I STILL can't get a straight answer about this out of the Dubs

Isn't that how it always is? No one seems to have a straight answer about this. I have always had my doubts about this one as well.

It makes no sense. What I could never understand is the fact that you will know/remember the dearly departed once you saw them

after they were resurrected. But what never made sense is if this was your former spouse, how could you be able to remember them,

the life you had together, and knowing they would recognize you for the same; how could know all of this and yet be fine with the fact

that this is all you are ever going to have...just memories, nothing more. How is that loving? I have heard it explained away that one

should just be glad for the promise of a resurrection. I know older ones that continue to remain unmarried after their spouse died, just

in case this "JW Thought" was wrong. They all want a chance at getting back with their former love. Can't say I blame them. What is

paradise if you can't have the ones you love close to you? Everlasting life is nothing and worthless without having those close to you

to share it with. I know myself, if I wasn't able to reconnect/remarry the love of my life, I wouldn't want to be there.

• oldflame
    oldflame
    Doesn't that seem rather odd?

VERY !!!!!!!!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Y'no that is the first sign we all had that this organization was full of sh!%. There answer to this question is the most telling about their confusion over the crap that they make up. If as they claim, paradise will be Jah's return to his original purpose, to have the earth a paradise, filled with perfect people, it stands to reason that they will be fruitfull and multiply. Also too in the past they have made the claim that some have avoided having children in this present system of things, so that they can wait and have a family in gods perfect new order. If these people get killed or die, they have forfeited all chances of having a family. yet the WT$ will lead you to believe that this is a good thing.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

resurection = no erection

I always laughed at wt pictures of people reuniting after the resurection.

It was hard to figure out the relationship of the persons running to hug each other.

"Hunny I'm so glad we're together again, OK well see you later I have to go pick out one of those big houses by the lake to live in ".

I wonder who would raise children where a family died together since you wouldn't have huband and wife? I guess they could take turns like in a divorce situation today or could the father and mother live together just no sex. Imagine the class warfare that would go on the sexy people and the unsexy people. People having sex would have humongous familys, poor resurected people would have only fellow resurected family members. When would the sex peoples generations end since their children could continue to have children and so and so on.

what a web of nonsense they have created.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Just had another thought. If as they say those resurected will be like angels, Didn't some angels look at the daughters of men, like what the saw and took fleshly bodies and MARRY the women. Now I dont claim to be no bible scholar (like freddie) But unless you are raised to the spirit realm ( and we KNOW only 144,000 go there) you are going to be in the flesh and as the angels proved flesh likes to get busy.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

A very good thread - this place is amazing! How they have screwed up the scriptures in order to make them fit the doctrine rather than let the Bible speak for itself. This so obviously refers to those resurected to heaven, the whole concept of trying to give it an earthly application is so utterly flawed. Like many of you here I saw this and it was a moment of doubt, add up all those moments and eventualy something gives, it might take years but it is possible that many more dubs will retain enough thinking ability to see the truth.

CS 101

• sir82
    sir82
    Can you imagine the loyal JWs who put off marriage during their best years slaving for the organization, hoping to have their family in the new system, and then decades later they are old and if Armageddon does not happen fast, they will lose out any chance of having children at all since "there is no childbearing in the resurrection"?

In my previous congregation, there is a 90+ year old brother--one of the few Rutherford-era JWs still around.

In the late-30's / early 40's his JW mother, on her death bed, made all all of her children swear not to marry "in this systems of things", since Armageddon was so close.

For the next 6 decades, the brothers and sisters lived together in a farmhouse, faithfully keeping their promise.

I believe he is the last one left--I moved out of the area about 4 years ago.

One of the saddest things was the day he showed my wife and I a 60-year-old picture of his then-girlfriend--she was really cute, but of course nothing ever came of it.

The striking thing is, he seems to have had a happy life--I never detected any bitterness.

• M.J.
    M.J.
    Also too in the past they have made the claim that some have avoided having children in this present system of things, so that they can wait and have a family in gods perfect new order.

Yeah there are a few couples in my wife's congregation that are doing this for the same reason. How sad.

• Gill
    Gill

I have several relatiaves who have not had children and pioneer. Some are in their early forties now. I sense the panic in their eyes when they're with small children.

Recently, relatives on my side of the family, not my husbands, have had a little more to do with us than they have in the last few years, so I can see the change in their attitudes. But one woman in particular is alway talking about babies. she is 42 now and I sense her reproductive clock winding down is sending her into a wild panic. She suddenly comes out with 'Ahh! Let's have a little one.' To her husband, who just laughs.

Another relative is always picking up my cousins babies, when once, babies were 'yuk' and a waste of time to her.

I'm hoping they don't suddenly decide to have children, as I really don't believe 42, 43, 45, 46, 48 are good ages to have a first baby.

I feel sad for them. There time in the sun is almost over. The Watchtower robbed them of their 'genetic futures'. They would have had beautiful children as well. So sad!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit