People who see EVIL object in pictures, are really reaching!

by free2beme 12 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

I sit in my bathroom on a daily basis, using the facilities. As I do this, to pass the time I will sometimes look at the pattern in the wallpaper or floor and see if I can make out things. At times I think it looks like a face, or maybe the shape of a object or country. I swear, in my floor design is a dog and the exact layout of the Hawaiian islands. In any case, I also like to look at clouds when I am outside and see if they look like things. I sometimes see what looks like cars, animals and even people. I also remember after 9/11 getting an e-mail of the smoke coming out of the towers, looking like the face of Satan. While I think doing this type of wondering, and imagining can be fun. I do not see these things and feel that the clouds actually meant to be a dog, the smoke meant to be the devil or the people who did my bathroom floor meant to map out South Pacific islands. I see these things as mere imagination and coincidence. Fun, yet not serious. So when I see people put pictures on this board, of suppose evil things in Watchtower publications and see sites that are nearly dedicated to this. I see that my low key view of these happens, is not how some people see them. I would guess this same type of thinking, is what drove people to think Rock bands put Satanic message in reverse on records in the 80's. It might also be the same people who felt the Eagles "Hotel California" was a song about Satanic worship. In any case, I truly believe if you stair at something long enough, listen to something close enough and in different directions, your mind can see just about anything it wants. I also think that random patterns, when put together can and do make other pictures. Not by some Satanic movement, some hidden agenda, but rather because it simply happens. Clouds are not cars, are not animals, and even if they look like them at times. It is chance, as much chance as those images we think we see in magazines. The day you accuse things, as random as this as being something other then what they are. Is the day you are really reaching for something that is simple, not true.

• parakeet
    parakeet

The other day I saw a cloud formation that looked almost exactly like a chicken sitting on a nest. The head had a little cloud comb, and the tail feathers were even and rounded, just like a chicken. I nudged my husband and asked what he saw in the formation, and he said, "My god, it looks like a chicken sitting on a nest!" What did it mean? Absolutely nothing.

• 5go
    5go

I see dead people !!!!!

Oh wait maybe I'm seeing things.

I'll stop drinking this 100 proof vodka and smoking this primo. Maybe they'll go away.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    People who see EVIL object in pictures, are really reaching!

A deliciously true quote if I've ever heard one

• Arthur
    Arthur

I remember finding a video on the internet that showed a volcanic erruption that was shot by a home video camera. In the video, you could see the smoke billowing out of the side of the mountain and coming toward the camera person at about 200 mph. Just for kicks, I decided to view the video, but pause it about every half of a second. In every still shot, I could make out at least a few faces, skulls, and "devilish" features.

Had a photographer been present; and shot a photo at exactly the right second, they would have been able to capture a good shot of a "demonic" or "devilish" face. And when a tabloid would have printed the picture, several gullible readers would have practically wet their pants and claimed that "the devil" had caused the erruption.

• free2beme
    free2beme

It is nothing new either. It seems that the idea of seeing things in pictures, that were not really there, date back to some of the earliest known pictures. I guess it is just the mind trying to find a reason for some believe, in any way, I still think it is a far reach from the reality of just chance happenings.

• kid-A
    kid-A

"I sit in my bathroom on a daily basis, using the facilities."

LMAOROFL! Thank you for the colonic update. They way you worded this with such 'zen-like' calm is hilarious! LOL

I agree though, we often can find hidden images in any random pattern.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Humans are hard-wired to see faces and patterns. Evolutionarily it meant the difference between surviving or starving.

Also explains why the dubbers (and other armageddonists) see all these "patterns" in biblical dates etc... Humans just see this stuff...

• MegaDude
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia

I agree with you that 99% of the examples are pure crap and amount to an exercise similar to what you've described. Many of them even require the image to be manipulated in some way.

But it is also well known that artists do sometimes try to sneak hidden images in their art, whether they are currency engravers at the mint or animators for Disney movies. Heck, I have a painting of chocolates by a local artist in my living room right here which has the word "SEX" subliminally hidden in the image (and it was intentional, as the artist himself says). And it is not that obvious either.

So it may not be the case that all suspected examples are the product of the viewer's imagination. Some images, like the one of the ram that is displayed in a picture frame in a couple's living room in the Live Forever book, may be intentional.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit