Front Door Sign Idea?

by Asheron 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

One more thing: I had a postcard from New York City that was a picture of a window seemingly on top of a building with spray-painted writing next to it, which read, "Come inside, I want to hurt you." That might work, except it breaks the "girl-scout cookie okay" rule.

• blondie
    blondie

JWs have been successfully prosecuted for disobeying legally posted "no trespassing" signs. I would post one of those but also call and let the local congregation presiding overseer know you want to be listed as a "do not call" and that you havea legallhy posted sign.

If they still call, then call the police.

Blondie

(BTW, the WTS tells JWs they are on their own legally if they disregard these signs; they will not supply a lawyer and/or pay for them)

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Some towns and villages in the UK are banning "cold calling"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/gloucestershire/5338442.stm

I wonder how the dubs deal with this?

Ps .. Does anybody else remember that sinking feeling ; when you have rung the doorbell, footsteps are approaching and your ministry partner (in charge of the doors to call list) says, "Uh oh - this one is a 'do-not-call' ?

• schne_belly
    schne_belly
    PS: No I dont want to live forever in a paradise Earth......With you.

Too Funny Asheron!

• bebu
    bebu

Blues bro, I think if I were a JW I would want to have a quick alternative ready:

"Hi, we are here to pick up Gerald Jones for lunch! Is he here?"

bebu

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I got one at church a couple weeks ago, it says "This is a Catholic Home No other religious publications needed". Last week my JW niece came over and stayed the night and she glanced at it and didn't say a word.

• greendawn
    greendawn

"I have enough of all goods physical and spiritual and always will, thanks for trying to help"

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

SailorRipley--One more thing: I had a postcard from New York City that was a picture of a window seemingly on top of a building with spray-painted writing next to it, which read, "Come inside, I want to hurt you." That might work, except it breaks the "girl-scout cookie okay" rule. LMAO That is hilarious, I'm trying to picture myself posting a sign that says that. That cracks me up.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Scully: ***A couple of months afterward, the female JW who was at the door that day phoned and mentioned that she was put off by the sign.***

I would have said, "Great! It worked!"

How about that sign near the witch's castle in the Wizard of Oz: "I'd go back if I were you." Very appropriate for the upcoming Halloween celebration as well.

• whyizit
    whyizit

My brother worked the night shift and was very irritated by people waking him up during the day. He mounted a tablet with an ink pen attached with string on the door, with a sign that read:

I am a DAY sleeper. Your visit is important to me. Please write your name, address, and phone number in the tablet provided. When I am awake and home, and able to find the time to call on you (usually between the hours of 2:00 a.m. - 5:00 a.m.), I will certainly do so! However, if you ring this doorbell and wake me up, you will see me quickly and angrily kicking your "butt" off my front porch! Have a nice day!

No one ever wrote a word in that tablet, ....nor did they disturb his sleep!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit