Daily life of a Jehovahs Witness

by Maysun 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Po's son - DAMN THAT WAS SPOT ON! I loved that!

IC

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

Why not make a 'Daily life of an ex jw who posts on the JWD forum'? It would go something like this. First: Get up in the morning and search the internet for articles involving JW's and no matter how insignificant they are make it seem like a big deal and post them up in the JWD forum so that everyone can comment on them just like we used to do in the Kingdom Hall. Second: Make up stories of little things to make it sound like there's some big news happening in the WT which will shake up things in a major way. ....on and on and on.

• POs Son
    POs Son

Gang - Thanks for the nice comments, sorry for the lack of formatting...I am on a Mac, and this site and Mac dont get along.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

POs son--absolutely true!!! So sad at the same time.

Day in the life of a 13 year old JW:

Dress for school; make sure clothes don't look worldly, be careful of make-up and jewelry. During morning national anthem and flag salute: walk to back of classroom and sit in chair/then stand for salute. Keep to yourself, can't have worldly friends. Obey all school rules, finish all homework, be a teacher's pet, suffer extreme depression while sticking out like a sore thumb at school, don't dress up for any theme days at school, don't celebrate any holidays, can't say Bless You when someone sneezes, can't say Merry Christmas or have a nice holiday. Don't sign up for afterschool sports, don't attend any dances/sports events/other school events, no dating worldly people, no dating at all unless you plan to get married soon, be careful of PG movies, no R movies, etc., etc., etc. Feel guilty 24 hours a day due to not preaching enough at school and to worldly relatives. Feel left out at the Kingdom Hall because I don't have an elder father or am just not part of the IN-CROWD

• mama1119
    mama1119

Wow POSon, pretty good. That sounds about right. I left when I was in my early twenties, so I couldn't really say how adult life in the JWs was, but It seems like most of the Jw I knew!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

PO son: Excellent!

Love2Bworldly: So true! Me, too.

R6:

Make up stories of little things to make it sound like there's some big news happening in the WT

I think you have that mixed up with what the WTS does.

• Gary1914
  • Gary1914
    Gary1914

Sorry Everyone for the double post. I was laughing so hard at PO's son that my machine sort of got away from me!

• Gary1914
    Gary1914
    Why not make a 'Daily life of an ex jw who posts on the JWD forum'? It would go something like this. First: Get up in the morning and search the internet for articles involving JW's and no matter how insignificant they are make it seem like a big deal and post them up in the JWD forum so that everyone can comment on them just like we used to do in the Kingdom Hall. Second: Make up stories of little things to make it sound like there's some big news happening in the WT which will shake up things in a major way. ....on and on and on.

Sorry R6Laser. Po's son's post was much better as well as hysterically funny.

Your post sounds resentful or disgruntled in some way.

Are you having a bad day?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit