Dedication to Patriot

by Tatiana 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I know this should have gone on the arts and music forum, but I didn't think he would see it there. To Patriot, for all he's done in NY. Salute.

He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother

as performed by the Hollies

The road is long
    With many a winding turn
    That leads us to who knows where
    Who knows when
    But I'm strong
    Strong enough to carry him
    He ain't heavy, he's my brother

So on we go
    His welfare is of my concern
    No burden is he to bear
    We'll get there
    For I know
    He would not encumber me

If I'm laden at all
    I'm laden with sadness
    That everyone's heart
    Isn't filled with the gladness
    Of love for one another

It's a long, long road
    From which there is no return
    While we're on the way to there
    Why not share
    And the load
    Doesn't weigh me down at all

He's my brother
    He ain't heavy, he's my brother...

April

"Love never dies." Voivodul Vlad Draculea (from Bram Stoker's Dracula-1992)

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Amen tatiana

Patriot...all our love from us to you...

dungbeetle...cleaning up the crap.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Just wanted to make sure Patriot reads this....and knows how much we respect and admire what he's doing.

April

• think41self
    think41self

Hey Patriot

I don't think I chimed in on any previous threads, so here I am!

Thank you and all like you for what you are doing right now. I cannot even imagine. Please take care of yourself, during this ordeal and afterwards. I do not think we were psychologically made to see the things you must be seeing, to deal with the things you must be dealing with. You have our regards and support.

Tracy

• Patriot
    Patriot

Thank you Tatiana, and everyone for your kind words, ...I'm almost in tears here.

I went down today (although I'm not up until Thurs.) just to take a stroll alongside the area,just to mingle with fellow New Yorkers, and I can't say how sad I am.

Today the Mayor said that it is the chances of finding someone else alive is very,very small. Something that deep inside we were always afraid of but never confronted.

Many of the victims families were crying holding up there pictures to cameras and to the workers who would come out to be replaced by others.

You can't even find the words to tell them something positive.

I mean can you tell them that their loved one went peacefully? Can you tell them that everything will be alright? Can you tell them that we'll find their brother,sister, friend? What can you say when scores and scores of people rush to you hoping that you have some good news for them?

Many of the people were pulled out in pieces..what is a family supposed to do?

My dog is injured-not seriously but maybe I should just rest with him..I don't know, maybe I need to but don't want to say it.

I love you all for your freindship and your encouraging words--thanks again to you TATIANA..

Mav.-

I would rather lose today in cause that I know tommorow will triumph, than to triumph in a cause that tommorow won't be..

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

****HUGS*****

And Thank You.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

It's YOU who gets the thanks, Mav. Just one more thing.....BE CAREFUL!!!!!! (oh, and thanks for the photo. I'll use it.)

Love......

April

• claudia
    claudia

(((((((Patriot))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit