How many commands should we follow??

by Ade 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I think the standards are always the best: Love your God and love your neighbor as yourself. Doing both those things is not a burden to anyone, and is a joy to most.

Reporting time in FS does not meet either of those standards. In fact, FS more often causes God to be mocked, makes your neighbor hate you and makes you wish your neighbor were anywhere but answering their door-forcing you to tell them something you don't fully believe and making you feel like a freaking hypocrite.

So, be like Jesus and love your neighbor!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am sorry, knowing that there are atheists, i will stick to the loving your neighbor as not burdensome. I guess loving a God that one does not believe in could be rather burdensome! I apologise. I believe that treating ones neighbor well is a standard in many if not most religions. I have read buddist teachings that are similar. It is what most of the 10 commandments boil down to and it works well in kindergarten.

My first graders' 1st classroom rule is: Be nice-everyone here should be friends. Basic, but I like it.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin
    My first graders' 1st classroom rule is: Be nice-everyone here should be friends. Basic, but I like it.

Yes I like to live by that, but not commanded by it, you follow what I;m saying?

• Ade
    Ade

Hi,

Yes I like to live by that, but not commanded by it, you follow what I;m saying?

You seem to nullify your own thoughts here because Jesus was stating here that you should love God and your neighbour saying these were the greatest commands, YOU are NOT being commanded this because along with these commands was given free will to follow or not to follow God, therefore you are putting forth an invalid argument. You cannot be commanded if you do not have to be commanded, Christ is not holding you captive to commands, you hold yourself captive to the commands if you love him and God.

Therefore if you like to live by the commands what is the difference, you obviously agree with the command my friend.
    all the best
    No disrespect intended
    Ade

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit