Is it possible to succeed without making enemies in the process?

by DavidChristopher 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

is it possible to become the most powerful person on earth..without cutting throats or stepping on people to attain that goal? Or at best no enemies who can present a viable "good reason" against you and your success?

what is nessesary to achieve this goal?

• free2beme
    free2beme

Success brings hatred out in some people who never know how to achieve it.

Luck is the word that people apply to successful people, when they themselves lack the ability or the skill to achieve what others can.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

is it possible to become the most powerful person on earth..without cutting throats or stepping on people to attain that goal? Or at best no enemies who can present a viable "good reason" against you and your success?

what is nessesary to achieve this goal?

No, becoming powerful is not granted to the meek or humble. How did you become the most powerful person in the world in the first place? Wasn't it by taking out the persons who had the power in the first place?

I mean really, could you just walk up and ASK to have power?

It's impossible not to step on people on the way up. Once you're there you're going to have to keep on slitting throats to keep yourself in power.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

That may be ok for short-term unjust profit or gain...but what about when the long-term results present themselves and demand payment? I am trying to think long term success not long term self destruction for short term benefits.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Is it possible to succeed without making enemies in the process? Why of course it is. However, rest assured that many, many people will not like you because of it. So happiness is fleeting and trouble is always close to you.

To learn how and why is very specific to the person and the measure AND type of success we are talking about. Quick answers are shear folly!

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit

ahhhhh, I love the DavidChristopher questions. I swear, they are like fortune cookies.

Confucious say: One cannot climb the ladder of life without stepping on someone's back!

Simple questions without simple answers because of too many variables.

I'm not being an a**hole either! I really do like the questions!

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Why thank you!

perhaps answers would be even better!

Just a thought.....

LOL

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Define enemy.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

"A man is measured by the quality of his enemies". Discuss.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

perhaps a powerful man will need a powerful enemy for an adequate challenge?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit