"Pasoral CARE Visitation" by elduhs HAHAHAHAH (scully) WHY???

by hamsterbait 6 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I read in another thread, that Elders are using the permissions granted in the new Blood Card, ( to access medical records) to do "pastoral care visitation" on witless patients who were stupid enough to grant access to medical records by elders.

It is basically an excuse to find out who is toeing the line on the blood issue. Conscience? My Sphincter!!

HB

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin
    Elders are using the permissions granted in the new Blood Card, ( to access medical records)

I haven't heard this one yet. I wouldn't have even let ME into my medical records never mind other buffoons milling through them. Insurance companies are bad enough. I just can?t imagine why anyone would allow mostly under educated men to view anything so personal, well blind obedience to WT rules I guess.

HCM

• Scully
    Scully

Actually, Pastoral Services at our hospital do not NEED a permission such as in the JW's "No Blood" Advance Medical Directive.

What happens is that Pastoral Services receives a list of patients sorted by the patients' stated religious affiliation. The volunteer who has been granted permission by the hospital to work with Pastoral / Spiritual Services then makes rounds in the hospital to each patient who falls under their jurisdiction, depending on whether they stated on their intake form that they would like a visit from Pastoral Services or not. When they visit, they can document their visit in the patient's chart, and in the case of JW "Spiritual Services", conveniently this gives them an opportunity to look through the chart for something naughty.

For example, the Catholic patients receive a quick visit on Saturday and Sunday to invite them to attend Mass in the Chapel, but there usually isn't a need for documenting that kind of visit, and certainly no threat of being excommunicated if there was someone documenting the visit in a patient's chart.

Mind you, a patient's stating that they DO NOT wish to have a visit did not stop a JW Elder from visiting me when I was in hospital after one of my children was born. I was breastfeeding the baby, and had a curtain drawn around my bed, the door to my private room was closed, and I was specific on the intake form that a visit was NOT desired. Still, the Elder sneaked into my room (I didn't hear him, nor see him come in) and flung the curtain open while I was half naked feeding the baby. He startled the living crap out of me for one thing, and when he announced that he was making Pastoral Visits, I ripped him a new one because I had been very clear that I didn't require a visit.

I might just ask if I can look at my old chart to see if he documented anything.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Scully, you're talking about Canada right?

US law does not allow for ministers to see patient charts unless the patient has signed an appropriate consent form, and no form the wts has ever concocted meets the legal requirements to be a valid consent form.............that is not to say there aren't some dumb hospital personnel out there who wouldn't follow the law, but they do get tons of training about confidentiality laws, so it's unlikely..........and here, at least in my local hospitals, it's unheard of for ministers to document in charts, consent or not.

Man, I wouldn't want to be hospitalized in Canada then.

• Scully
    Scully

I think I'll investigate this further. It's getting interesting.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    US law does not allow for ministers to see patient charts unless the patient has signed an appropriate consent form, and no form the wts has ever concocted meets the legal requirements to be a valid consent form.............that is not to say there aren't some dumb hospital personnel out there who wouldn't follow the law, but they do get tons of training about confidentiality laws, so it's unlikely..........and here, at least in my local hospitals, it's unheard of for ministers to document in charts, consent or not. Rebel8

I rotate hospital visits with our minister of music and never would dream of looking at any charts, paperwork, books, magazines, etc. in a patient's room.

That would be totally unchristian and invasive . Not to mention against the law in the US.

We have HIPPA here to protect the rights of patients..

I never ask female patients what they are in the hospital for either.

I can't believe the audacity of the window washers and janitors of the Watchtower.

Oh, wait. I can belive it.

They're all Pinocchios

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

The new HIPPA law is supposed to protect patient privacy. I would hate to think that a JW could access my mom's files. After a miscarriage about 30 years ago she had a D&C. I am sure that the undereducated among the JWs would make assumptions about that. . .

OTOH, I never saw them (at her last visit when I req a visit for her(at her request-as no one had shown up yet after nearly a week)look at her chart.

What specifically does a person do that would allow a pastoral care visitor look in someones charts (In canada)-what is the form language?

Shelly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit