What I would like

by avengers 5 Replies latest jw friends

• avengers
    avengers

is peace.

Everywhere I look I see fighting, arguing, inconsiderate people, selfishness, cruelty, etc.
    When i left the dubbs I fell into an empty hole. I had nowhere to go, and
    noone to turn to. The dubbs shunned me and treated me like garbage.
    Two years after I left I was introduced to this forum by my son.
    This forum gave me some peace because the people here had experienced the
    problems that I was going through.

We don't need people here that create an atmosphere similar to the atmosphere
    within the WT Org.

I'm looking forward to 2007 where we get together or in Norway at Kent's or in Vegas.

Let's have some fun and meet people who really care.

Tired of dishonesty, selfishness, fighting, etc.

Andy

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Andy,

You've been through a lot lately, and the death of your beloved cat hasn't helped. Have you got that kitten I suggested yet?

I'm afraid the world is full of garbage and suffering at the moment. Politicians all seem to be in it for themselves rather than the greater good - which is why we as individuals have to lead the way and dictate policy. Peace CAN be found through all this mire by doing what we know best - loving! You're good at that. I've read your posts!

Yes, living in today's society isn't easy - and yet they call it progress. What I do is surround myself with positive people. I say "surround", but what I actually mean is these are the people I keep as friends. Negative people are kept at a distance. I had to do that due to my illness - and have kept it up since coming back home.

If you can make the curry in October it would be great. Otherwise, yes, Kent's Norwegian shindig should be great - but you need some positivity before then!

PM me if you like!

Please have a lovely day.

Love,

Ian

• Arthur
    Arthur
    We don't need people here that create an atmosphere similar to the atmosphere within the WT Org.

Hi avengers.

Were you talking about people on this forum being personally insulting to one another in their posts, or about the debates that go on in the political threads?

I can see your point if you are talking about people being abusive to one another in their threads. As far as debates go; I think that it's something that can be refreshing to some people; given the fact that there is never any open discussion or disent allowed in the JDub world.

By the way, I'm really sorry to hear about your cat. I love cats, and understand how sad it can be when you lose one of them.

Best Regards,

Arthur

• avengers
    avengers

Ian, thank you so much for your kind words. I would love to be at your apostacurryfest, but I doubt if I can make it Shame.
    It seems that I've known you forever on this db, and would like to meet you (and more posters)in person.
    As for a new cat, I don't think I will get one at this moment.
    It hurts too much when they go. And I'm traveling too much to be able to take care of one. That's why I hired someone
    to take care of him to avoid exactly what happened. The guy got drunk on my own homebrew, left Toby outside and took off.
    The reason I had this cat was because he didn't have a home and I just can't see an animal suffering.
    I lost a cat that one day walked in and never went away. I was just getting over it when Toby got hit by a car.
    I wish a beautiful lady would walk into my life and never would go away. lol
    Thanks a million dude.

Arthur. Debates are fine, even heated debates. When people start putting the WT ahead of the wellbeing of children though
    then my cup runneth over.

I have seen it happen in the years when I was still borg. That was something I could not swallow no matter how hard I was trying to give the GB the
    benefit of the doubt.

Also when people do not address the issue at hand. It's exactly like the WT's actions. I have written the Society several times asking about the UN issue.
    The answers they gave never addressed the issues at hand. I posted my letters to the WT here on this db. Since I live in the Netherlands I
    wrote them in Dutch originally, but also translated them into english. Like I said in one of my previous posts, the answers that TW
    gave reminded me of the answers the WT gave me; standardized, not addressing the issue.
    The amount of red herrings they gave me to swallow are enough to last me a lifetime or two.
    Like if the WT says straight out to me: "Hey Andy, we were wrong to register as NGO with DPI, because of so and so, etc", then
    things would be different. People make mistakes and I'm the first in line to say it.
    It's the hypocrisy, the lying, the dishonesty, the blaming of the brothers that wear me out.; not their mistakes.

You've done a lot of good from what I've seen on this db and I would like to say: Keep up the good work.

love y'all.

Andy

• greendawn
    greendawn

I also agree that debates are a good and natural part of any forum as long as they are kept within civilised limits it is not like war or something undesirable.

• avengers
    avengers
    it is not like war or something undesirable.

All wars should be fought out on forums
    It sure would save a lot of lives.

good idea.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit