Patterson vs Walkill vs Warwick

by Magnum 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

@ insidetheKH: "...you don't have a clue what you are talking about"

A lot of us do have a clue as to the human costs of the Watchtower's reorganization. A few people here have personally known cases of people getting booted out without a means of support.

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

@Village i can only relate to my own experiences and contacts at several european branches. Nevertheless the topic is about Patterson. And the question was.. will it be sold.

My answer... i do not think so

• brandnew
    brandnew
    So inside ...what do you think the society will do with patterson? Really though.
  • WHATSGOINGON
    WHATSGOINGON

Hoser is right all of the literature for Canada U.S and I believe some parts of Europe are printed in Canada.

Its a bit of a mystery why they need to build more literature facilities if the Canadian bethel prints all that and the European bethels are being downsized and amalgamated etc.

Also the amount of printing is going down and is cheaper.

Less magazines - with less pages, softcover books.

Encouraging people to print their own or to read from their iPads and tablets etc.

I can see in the near future the printing going rapidly down to the basics - the very bare minimum until it stops.

So why build more facilities and educational centres. If all of the buildings have been doing the job okay until now whats the point ?

Why build new halls and keep on asking for money why not sell the existing hall and use that money to build a new one or modify the existing hall ?

Why empty out all of the congregation funds and then still ask for more ?

Lets face it - if the end is so close why can't they just use the halls and buildings they have already and put all the extra money into the preaching work. They obviously do not think it will end soon.

I know about the re selling and flipping of properties and the court cases but come on where does all the money go ?

Why can't they be honest and just show the rank and file all of their bank info - after all the rank and file give their contributions and have no idea where it goes ?

If it is for court cases then change the stupid 2 witness rule and put an end to all of this.

Otherwise there are some rich people behind the scenes making a pretty penny from the gullible in the congregations - its disgusting.

WGO

• brandnew
    brandnew
    @VilliageIdiot....Ya know ...when i saw an elderly couple move into their sons home, after serving as overseer, bethel, laundry, etc.....it made me PRESUME.....that the society didnt do jack shit for them in their old age......purrrrrdeeeee @$!#!* up, ya know?
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    so BASED on what i saw......i PRESUME they got !/@#!$! ed.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

@ brandnew, insidetheKH is complaining that this offshoot of a subject is off topic but I believe that the human cost is every bit as important as the financial/real estate costs and machinations. Whatever it is that they do with their property is bound to have an effect on those who presumably will live and work there.

@insidetheKH, yes, it is slightly off topic but close enough to warrant some attention.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    @Villiage Idiot....yes indeed.
  • blondie
    blondie
    I understood that the magazines were transferred to Canada, but that books are still printed at Wallkill. If all publications were sent elsewhere, why keep Wallkill open? The farming operation is gone....
  • pontoon
    pontoon

Construction is presently going on at Wallkill. Farming is still going on as well as their orchids and grapes. I believe they are still doing hundreds of acres of corn, a lot of it to feed their beef. Farm #2 is their beef farm and it looks as busy as ever. But the land at Wallkill is worth millions, probably some of the most valuable land in the Mid Hudson Valley.

Plans are on the design table for Paterson. Don't know what but I've heard it's big. Suppose to ramp up construction at Paterson as Warwick winds down.

Don't forget Barbra Anderson's post here recently about the Fishkill property and what is going on and planned there, adding to it and building state of the art video production facility. That property is about half way in between Wallkill and Paterson with beautiful majestic Hudson River views.

I've said before as much as they try they can't spend their money as fast as it pours in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit