Shark photography

by MegaDude 24 Replies latest jw friends

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Oh ya.......that looks like REAL fun.........until you see those jagged edge teeth drop down to attack mode.

My brother was diving off Corpus Christi, Texas a couple of weeks ago. He was freediving with some friends of his and they had spear guns. They didn't see much around the oil rigs so they followed a shrimp boat that was cleaning its catch. They swam over to see if any critters were feeding off the scraps being thrown overboard. Within minutes a big pod of dolphins showed up, jumping and spinning out of the water. They passed so close you could touch them. And then shortly behind them came a group of five silky sharks. The sharks and dolphins mingled together making runs at the shrimp scrap as the fishermen shoveled it off the boats. My brother said he was surprised that they didn't seem to mind each other.

Then a tiger shark showed up. This made all the divers a tad nervous as it does have an aggressive reputation as being fearless around humans. However, one of the divers had an electronic shark repeller. It puts a 15 foot radius orb of electrical current that sharks hate. My brother said the tiger shark swam over to them to check them out, hit the 15 foot "wall" and abruptly turned and left them alone.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

OK, MegaDude I'll go......but I'm bringin' this guy along as shark bait.....

Do you think he'd mind if we tie a dead bloody fish to his leg?

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

only if i can stick a dead fish down the front of your trunks

*covers Mary in Fishheads and fish guts and pushes her overboard into Loch Ness* lol

• Mary
    Mary
    Within minutes a big pod of dolphins showed up, jumping and spinning out of the water. They passed so close you could touch them. And then shortly behind them came a group of five silky sharks. The sharks and dolphins mingled together making runs at the shrimp scrap as the fishermen shoveled it off the boats. My brother said he was surprised that they didn't seem to mind each other.

I've heard that dolphins will actually protect humans from sharks in the water.......not sure if it's true.

Do you think he'd mind if we tie a dead bloody fish to his leg?

Probably not.....but I was going to be nice and give him one of them thar shark repellant thingies.......

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

http://www.sharkshield.com/

Here ya go, Devilsnok. Don't know if it works if you had bait down your swimming trunks though!

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I've heard that dolphins will actually protect humans from sharks in the water.......not sure if it's true.

It's happened before that a pod of dolphins has encircled a human and protected them from a cruising shark. In my brother's case I guess you can't depend on Flipper if he is hungry and there is food to be had.

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok
    Probably not.....but I was going to be nice and give him one of them thar shark repellant thingies.......

Oh no, you won't get me back in the water again for a while not after what happened to poor stevo last week...

I am that run away reluctant dub and I just know that Jeehooba has a big fish waiting out there somewhere to swallow me whole for a couple of days to teach me a lesson and get me back to selling watchtowers.

lol

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Stingrays aren't dangerous unless you're trying to ride them or swim next to them showboating for some TV show.

I did this dive here at Stingray City in Grand Cayman and must have petted over 30 stingrays. Their barbed tails passed right through my hands. It is true they are conditioned to humans.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-801618416294338135&q=stingray+city&hl=en

I would never get close to a completely wild one.

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

I've had stingrays swim under me not far from where steve Irvin was "attacked" (for want of a better word) and never thought anything of it. So last weeks news came as a bit of a shock, it kind of hit home what a risky situation i had been in.

• Mary
    Mary
    Devisnok said: I just know that Jeehooba has a big fish waiting out there somewhere to swallow me whole for a couple of days to teach me a lesson and get me back to selling watchtowers.

Help me Mary! Help Me sell Watchtowers!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit