Need something remotely solid

by spiceant 6 Replies latest jw friends

• spiceant
    spiceant

Hello everything, it has occurred that time passed and now i choose to post a new message to hopefully enlighten you with my miracelous presence.

Seriously, since i last posted a real message i continued associating with JW's. we are at the chapter of "what happens to the dead?" of their litle "what does the bible really teach" booklet. Interestingly it doesnt really give real hints of substituting a Jehovah God in the form of the publishing corp. Anyway, i also attend 2 congegrations per week but have yet to to read the bible to them, i need to find a suit that suits me first because you have got to be clothed in suit (or dress if you are female) nicely to be allowed on their stage.

The situlation looks like there is a remote shred of hope that some of the JW's in this cong can be saved from the publishing corp considdering that i seem to be an apreciated presence in the cong. Apparantly it is hardly imaginable for a person to be very interested in the promise of eternal life and divine wisdom, albeit distorted. For some reason i find myself refreshed by all the cong's, but most strangely i always have a hard time actually following what is being said from the stage, at the prayers and during the study's and lectures my mind practically always wanders off to other (altough often related) topic's. Sometimes i remember a piece of scripture that is not quoted in the weekly watchtower study and i feel urged to quote it, but i have held back from doing this alteast untill now. At other times when my mind wanders off i begin to think about the verses that say ouer bodies are god's temple and that this alone gives a lot of usefull advice. I hope i can conjure a good lecture that creates a text illustration that compares temples to ouerselves as to give a better understanding in what is better to do. Right now the better thing would be independence (of humans) when it comes to bible study so that it is free from human influence.

The elders i know in the cong have some of my confidence and perhaps they would allow me to do some things of significant proportions, within this cong.

I do hope that you are still with me here because i have a request, i have found inspiration to write something good but i need some help that will actually be usefull in saving some of the JW's and if possible release the entire cong from the publishing corp, but keep them turned to the bible (or actually turn them from the corp, to the bible). Point 1. What can i say to JW's in conversations that will not "trigger" them to label me an apostate (bad association). 2. What could be said on stage (preassuming that people can make up and lecture their own lectures)

On point 2, are those lectures that are lectured at the theocratic school (i believe thats what its called) from the corp or did individual JW's write them? Can i come up with one and read it to them (preassuming the elders accept it)?

In either way, i hope to get some usefull help here so please do not post useless chit-chat or hatefull (disturbing) responses.

Yours truly, Sander Buruma

ps. i also had some inspiration to write something else and it basicly explains who i am, what i think and what i worry about, it is 25 pages of text. But it is not related. I would still apreciate some comments on it. It can be downloaded off esnips.

• Beardo
    Beardo

IMO - you are probably going to end up wasting both your time and your energy in this mission. Most JWs suffer from an institutionalized mentality and will not listen to you.

Remember: they believe they have absolute truth supplied by almighty God - what can you possibly say to convince them otherwise? Many have tried and many have failed, even people like Raymond Franz only have partial success.

Individuals when isolated from the hive may be swayed by attitude. Rather than supplying reams of information, why not chip away at individual witnesses who appear to be thinking outside of the box?

On point 2, are those lectures that are lectured at the theocratic school (i believe thats what its called) from the corp or did individual JW's write them? Can i come up with one and read it to them (preassuming the elders accept it)?

Not going to happen - unless that congregation exists through "Alice's Looking Glass" - you would be man-handled out of the hall by the burly brothers at the back as soon as they detected 'apostate' intentions.

• lesterd
    lesterd

How long have you been playing this game?

They are glad to see you because you represent a new convert.

The elders will allow a certain amount of non-truth according to the Wt, untill you come to a more accurate knowledge, then they will tighten the screws

Also the only time you will be allowed on the platform is when you have an assigned part that is scripted by the Borg, free thought is never expounded from the stage.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    i need some help that will actually be usefull in saving some of the JW's and if possible release the entire cong from the publishing corp

Spiceant: You would do better to concentrate on saving yourself. IMHO.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

You won't persuade a committed jw to leave, whatever you say. You would be far better off keeping well clear of the jws and their doctrines, and using your time on something more worthwhile.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

"Point 1. What can i say to JW's in conversations that will not "trigger" them to label me an apostate (bad association). 2. What could be said on stage (preassuming that people can make up and lecture their own lectures)"

Point 1: You accept what they teach in their publications without question or comment. As a new person, you can ask the questions, and they will provide you with answers that you must accept. If you refuse to accept the answers as provided, you may then be seen as possible "bad association". Insisting on your own viewpoint openly to members of the congregation will get you labeled as an "apostate" or at least as the mouthpiece for "apostates". Either way, you won't be welcome for long.

Point 2: Your basic assumption is wrong. Nobody makes up their own lectures. Ever. All talks given from the stage are either prepared by the Society or are based on information found in the Society's literature. Every talk is scheduled. There is no open discussion. Meetings that involve audience participation are almost always conducted by an elder. Audience participation is designed to merely repeat the Society's teachings as a form of rote learning. You will not be allowed to question doctrine in scheduled talks or during meetings with audience participation.

I am sorry to discourage you.

Dave

• kid-A
    kid-A

Spiceant,

You are 19. Enjoy your youth. Go dancing. Go have some drinks with your buddies. Meet girls. Have fun. Stop wasting your time with brainwashed twits trapped in a publishing corporation. Life is too short and you are only young once.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit