Overheard at the Service Meeting

by under_believer 17 Replies latest jw friends

• under_believer
    under_believer

This week's service meeting had a part about how wonderful and awesome the Theocratic Ministry School is. One guy said "This is a school that has been going on since Jesus walked the Earth."
    I did a double-take on that one.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings under_believer,

:One guy said "This is a school that has been going on since Jesus walked the Earth."

You didn't gag? Another example of a numb-nut donning a suit & tie. Dubs say the goddamndest things.

Dismembered

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i wonder if jesus got a G on gestures?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    One guy said "This is a school that has been going on since Jesus walked the Earth."

I wonder if any of the apostles had to work on "coherence through connectives" more than once. And maybe I'm not the only person in history to work on "sense stress and modulation" for more than four consecutive years.

W

• under_believer
    under_believer

I'm thinking that John the Baptist probably had to work on Poise and Personal Appearance many, many times.

• PeachRose
    PeachRose
    This is a school that has been going on since Jesus walked the Earth. I did a double-take on that one.

I would have done more then a double-take - I probably have been pulled in the "back room" by the elders for laughing so hard at that stupidity! lol

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Good thing I wasn't there - I'm sure I would have done one of my famous exhaling snorts, followed by a silent chuckle.

• xjwms
    xjwms

LOL

Thats what I did when I read it. ... How did you not laugh out loud?

LOL

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Why would this statement be problematic? The WTB&T$ rewrites history everyday. Why would you expect the R&F to not do the same?

• earthtone
    earthtone

Candidilynuts... they don't grade anymore. Last I heard. Well I'm glad they didn't stop before my brother joined the school. If they had, my 7yr old brother wouldn't have been told to try again on his stupid bible reading part twice. He might not have been so discouraged and would have never decided to never try again. And might actually be a witness. - God Forbid.

Editted to say he wouldn't have been told PUBLICLLY to try again on his stupid bible reading part twice! Yeah humilating a 7yr is real cool. And no they did not show alot of tack and loving kindness. It still pisses me andmy mom off to this day, but she say's Jehovah will hand it it. Whatever!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit