I just got Children by: J.F. Rutherford 1941 off Ebay

by jrjr4189 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jrjr4189
    jrjr4189

I ordered it and started reading it because I was intriqued by Ray Franz's comments on it in Crisis of Conscience. It so propagandaish its ridiculous. It even has an index in the back that can point you to topics such as ... marriage (why not to).... and Last Day's. I'll post more as I read.

Has anybody else read this book.

alt

• garybuss
    garybuss

Yes, I've read it. Very interesting book. If you enjoy the Children book, you'd enjoy reading the Watchtower magazines through the 40's too and experience first hand the change in tone before and after Rutherford's death. There was actually no change in tone, that I observed, for quite some time after Rutherford died.

Seems to me Rutherford was like the current Watch Tower Society in that he didn't like Jehovah's Witnesses very much.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Does anyone know if 'Children' is available online anywhere?

Jeff

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Jeff, you might try Freeminds, Randy has quite a few old wt publications for sale.

• RR
    RR

Shhhh ... I have a pdf version of it but don't tell anyone, okay?

• Ade
    Ade

Hi,
    Ive read them all ( literally )
    some of the more humorous ones tell you Leviathan is a steam train , God lives on a star , black people are an accident and not as good as whites, all of which can be dragged up to show witnesses what a complete load of tat there religion comes from. 1914 ( from ctr meauring pyramid corridors ) you can go on and on.

The strange thing is when i was really into the "truth" i lappe dup these books thinking wow this os really inspired, inevitably though these very books led me to understand and see the way in which the "light" has shone brighter and then dimmed then gone brighter again etc.

get the finished mystery if you want a good laugh - its better than most joke books

all the best
    God bless you and yours
    Ade

• Ade
    Ade

you can also purchase all the books on disc from ebay

Ade

• garybuss

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit