need advice on this

by BlackSwan of Memphis 10 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Thank you for the advice all!!

Every time I set out to simply drop a line to him with my email I end up wanting to rant.

I'm just still so upset with them. Not over them shunning me, but over my sister. Over the fact that when they found out their sister was molested by their step dad (my brother and oldest sister are from my mom's first marriage) they didn't do anything. At my dad's funeral, my brother made it sound like my dad was this great guy who took him under his wing and was all this great and wonderful stuff.

In short my brother basically would rather not let anything get in the way of His memories of dad. Even if that means not believing his sister.

aarrrgh.

This is tough, and my heart goes out to you. Don't force yourself to make a decision on this right away; it can take a long time. You can be there for your sister (since they know how to contact you) now and decide how to handle the rest of the family in time. That line will be drawn after a lot of thought.

Good point. That's basically what I'm thinking. Since everytime I start to type I end up on a rant, it's better to let myself chill and give this some thought.

There is nothing I can say at this point. There are things I want to say. But what I want to say and what I should say aren't the same thing always.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit