Has anyone seen this? JW mental health

by monkeyshine 19 Replies latest jw friends

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

http://www.carm.org/jw/mental.htm

Pretty interesting, I thought I'd show ya's.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I am not called WAC for nut'n. See pic.

Thanks for the info homey. Gonna save that sausage link.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I'm not surprised. I can recall quite a few Dubs who were (and still are) on anti-depressants, and a couple who are regular in-patients at a mental health facility.

• Arthur
    Arthur

There was a thread that was similar to this a couple of months ago. It started a heated debate because of a few on this site who don't beieve that there is any correlation between the WTS, and Witnesses mental health. I agreed that blaming the WTS for psychiatric disorders such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder is misguided. However, I stood by my position that the WTS's use of mind control indoctrination, as well as shunning policies does indeed contribute to hightened levels of depression and anxiety.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Hello Arthur - was it discussed that the WT attracts people already suffering mental illnesses too? It's much easier to indoctrinate those who are already at a low point.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine
    Hello Arthur - was it discussed that the WT attracts people already suffering mental illnesses too? It's much easier to indoctrinate those who are already at a low point.

I think half the people come in crazy (that's why they came in) and half the people leave crazy. (guilt, uncertainty)

And by crazy btw, you know what I mean, a little off.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The Spencer article has been throroughly discredited. Beckford pointed out at the time that the methodology is flawed because Spencer failed to properly distinguish between active and marginal members. Even Penton noted that the language is clearly hostile to Jehovah's Witnesses and the ratios unreliable.

Slim

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

Speaking of crazy JW's-------

Tuesday February 7, 2006 Printer friendly version Email to a friend

Hot Cross Buns Banned in English School

By Hilary White

LifeSiteNews.com) ? The UK?s mania for political correctness has struck again where a school has banned hot cross buns, a traditional sweet pastry associated with Good Friday. A representative of Oaks Primary School in Ipswich, said the buns, which include two strips of decorative icing intersecting in the middle, might offend Jehovah?s Witnesses who attend the school.

Hot cross buns, a spicy currant or raisin studded yeast bun, topped with a "Cross" of lemon-flavored icing, have been a feature of English culture since the Middle Ages.

The Suffolk Evening Star reported that the head teacher of the school, Tina Jackson, asked the supplier to provide the buns without the crosses. ?Obviously, the hot cross bun is a celebration of Easter but it is not Easter yet,? she told the paper. Jackson did not say whether she would expel students who chanted the traditional English nursery rhyme, ?One a penny; two a penny; hot cross buns.?

The local pastor of the Jehovah?s Witness congregation applauded the school?s decision. ?I can understand why the school has done this and I support the decision. Hot cross buns are a pagan symbol of fertility no different to bunnies, eggs and Easter. The Bible states we should not worship things of a pagan origin.?

No information was available about what sort of services the school had been planning to allow students to worship the buns or whether they had been cancelled. Moreover, the school did not say whether the buns would be inspected by the local Muslim of Catholic authorities for possible accidental appearances of religious figures in the patterns formed by the currants in the buns.

Contact info for the school:

The Oaks Community Primary
    01473 684994
    Aster Rd
    Ipswich, IP2 0NR, United Kingdom

Click here for a recipe for hot cross buns:

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

The Spencer article has been throroughly discredited. Beckford pointed out at the time that the methodology is flawed because Spencer failed to properly distinguish between active and marginal members. Even Penton noted that the language is clearly hostile to Jehovah's Witnesses and the ratios unreliable.

Slim

I'm sure you're right. But would the numbers be that off? Just from general observation it's pretty clear that there are more mental problems at the hall than at the mall.--IMO

It's like questioning someone who said urine tastes bad. Maybe they have never tasted it but it's safe to say he is correct.--IMO

• Arthur
    Arthur

I don't remember. Actually, I don't think that the previous thread cited any kind of research papers or articles, but was merely a commentary based upon anecdotal evidence. When a few people protested the thread, I believe that someone posted the very article that is linked above. I've never seen any research that indicates that the mentally ill are more prone to join the JWs. But, the research which has shown the adverse psychological effects of mind control indoctrination; is well established.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit