From Jehovah's Witness to Hollywood actress

by RR 15 Replies latest jw friends

• willyloman
    willyloman

bttt.... click on the link, it's a story worth reading.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Too much for me to read, but the girl is cute. This one is taking the opposite route. We, usually, hear about movie stars becoming Jehovah's Witnesses or people giving up stardom to be a witness.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

I am not saying anything. Known about this chick for a loooooooong time!!!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Fleaman wrote: hmm not pissing on parades or anything but reading about her on the IMDB shes hardly what one could call an A lister.

I didn't get that the main issue was how popular or unpopular she is now... It's more that (1) she's one of us - a cult escapee, and (2) she's written a screenplay about her upbringing as a repressed JW and her subsequent enlightenment.

Fascinating story. I'd like to know more details. Someone on Danny's thread about this story said they emailed her via her website and invited her to come post at JWD. I hope she does...!

-Aude.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Accidentally stumbled across this story while researching something else. The above mentioned Ms. Dever has done quite well for herself since this thread was posted.

See IMDB bio. She is now a regular on the relatively popular USA TV show, "Castle."

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1299015/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t15

Thumbs up for a young woman who escaped from the borg and made something of her life.

Hooda thunk it?

JV

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

Maybe Juliana needs to be to the BORG what Leah Remini is to Scientology. (Maybe someone could contact her to do an expose', please?). IMVVHO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit