American ignorance and the loss of American freedoms

by free2beme 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Free,

I am not sure the problem is general public ignorance, except in the type of cases you cite. Rather it is a matter of belief and perception. Because we have not had a terror attack since 9-11, it is easy to forget and live as though we are not at war. Some folks have such a seething hate for the President, that it clouds their perspective. Respectful disagreement turns into outright distrust and disgust. What the government has done is to keep the bulk of terrorists occupied in other locations. How long this lasts is anyone's guess. Judging from the terror attack on the US Embassy in Syria today, it may only be a matter of time until we see something finally happen back here in the America.

I believe that we are going to have to make some tough decisions in the near future as to how we are going to balance normal civil rights against needed profiling and extremely strict immigration rules. More than that, the public is going to need training to keep an eye on those individuals already living here and report suspecious activity. But until every American sees themselves involved in the fight, we are going to remain disunited and disgruntled.

Jim Whitney

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

As far as people complaining about the loss of freedoms and the hassle they are put through when going to an airport, I know it is necessary but I am angry nonetheless. The reason for everybody's anger is this: they feel it is an ineffective smokescreen when there are open borders where people are streaming through and where EXISTING laws are not enforced and certain agencies are NOT following through on expired student visas, etc., etc. This is why people are angry. They have to NEEDLESSLY give up freedoms because of corrupt bureaucracy in the first place!!! They are the ones who created the problem. They are going to have to stop all this politically correct shit. If we get attacked again it will stop. Besides, it costs time, money and manpower to waste time searching the "wrong" people just so somebody else can feel good. This is a stupid luxury that can't go on forever. LHG

• Forscher
    Forscher

Well folks,

Study after study tells us that Americans arewoefully ignorant about how the US government works and how far one's rights extend. I reckon part of it is the tendency of folks to only read or listen to material which supports whatever they think things should be like. there is plenty of that dort of swill out there from all sides of the political spectrum and not just the most familiar two (liberal and conservative).

Froscher

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I have asked myself the same question, "What Constitutional rights are you speaking of?" I can still buy from a bookstore or borrow from a library nearly any book written. The Pathological Bush Haters are still out in force every Friday & Saturday in my neighborhood. International ANSWER is still going to hold their rallies in October were every hate-spewing leftist will rant about how eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-vil the American government & policy is.

I too have had LaRoucheites confront me about the Constitutional violations in the US, and have had the same blank stares that many of you report. Their issue is that they are a political cult on a lower level tan the J-Dubs. They probably don't allow pedophiles free run in their organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit