What is the most current information on the Ricco indictments of Don Adams re: Menlo Park?

by TerryWalstrom 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Did this quietly go away?

Details, please. . .

• Magnum
    Magnum
    I'd like to know, too.
  • JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Terry, I'm curious also, I was reading old news from

https://jwleaks.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/menlo-park-congregation-of-jehovahs-witnesses-lawsuit-cv10-3907.pdf

Military Boy, Paul Koehler, who was the C.O. sounds like the ass of asses that I've ever seen for CO's. He "evidently" used his military training to physically and emotionally bully the elders to get his way, ummm WTBTS way. Hummm, just doesn't sound Christlike. Could it be Satan? (Church Lady Voice)

Paul Koehler and Steve Misterfield disqualified the elders because they let a sister that wanted to stay in Menlo Park Congregation stay and not be "transferred" to another congregation. The court documents say that is like sentencing someone to ten years in prison for littering.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I`m curious also .

smiddy

• JeffT
    JeffT
    I don't see how anybody could be charged under RICCO, the court decided in favor of the WTBS and gave them possession of the KH.
  • Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

The Menlo Park elders tried to do too much with too little. I tried my best to give them the publicity they needed and to find some financing to help them with their case. But they tried too hard to both fight with the Watchtower and to stay within it. They really needed someone who had some experience in these kinds of cases as their lawyer, but even those I spoke to on their behalf made it clear that the state and federal government really don't want to get involved in property disputes with churches. They just assume that if the sign on the door says "Catholic Church" or "First Methodist" that ultimately the church owns that building. If it said Fred's First Baptist, then the court might consider Fred as part owner, but even then the Baptist Church might still be able to grab the property upon his death or if he left town.

The fact that the Cobbs had no ownership rights to the building (they felt they were representing the congregation members), made their case weak. They tried to fight the case based on banking irregularities, slanderous accusations, and corporation law - but their case was too weak to win.

I think the Menlo Park case was one of the factors that caused the Society to change their Kingdom Hall ownership and donation guidelines to make all Kingdom Halls corporate branches by default. Any privately owned KHs were (or will) be sold and congregations merged or moved to new KHs.

While I supported the Menlo Park elders and their Quixotic quest to poke holes in the Watchtower's windmills, the lack of time, money, and qualified legal assistance doomed them to failure. It would have made a good story and I would have gladly helped them write it, but my interest in them and the ultimate demise of the Menlo Park Kingdom Hall expired months ago. Even the members of the Menlo Park KH just wanted them to stop as they realized that the Watchtower would win no matter what and that their actions were just creating deep divisions within the rank and file.

JV

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Tragic!

• brandnew
    brandnew
    All bout the money......
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It sucks that we have to stop trying to reform corrupt systems, just because it causes "trouble."

People don't want their fantasy "spiritual paradise" disturbed. STFU and be blessed.

DD

• Magnum
    Magnum

Thanks, Juan Viejo2.

I think the Menlo Park case was one of the factors that caused the Society to change their Kingdom Hall ownership and donation guidelines to make all Kingdom Halls corporate branches by default. Any privately owned KHs were (or will) be sold and congregations merged or moved to new KH

I think that, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit