My 5th anniversary today... No More Meetings

by xjwms 9 Replies latest jw friends

• xjwms
    xjwms

This is my official day... five years ago ... when I decided to no longer attend regular meetings.

So, .. my wife comes home from the meeting yesterday and says..."Elder.______ says to say HI to you" ... as we were talking after the meeting.

(This is the guy who was at my house telling me I should go to another hall, as I was no longer welcome there.)

I wish I would have thought To say...You should have told him that : ... I was celebrating FIVE years of not attending.!

but I did'nt think of it till later last night. Many great things have happened in this time... and ONE of those thigs is:

The people on this board....and All of you who I met, .. and breakfasted, lunched, or dinnered with ( you know who you are)

I view you are warm friends and people who I can be myself with.....and ... I THANK YOU.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Happy anniversary!!

It's good to remember milestones. I had my first anniversary of not going last month.

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

A big happy get out day to you xjwms, I'm not sure how many years for me now I think it is coming up on 8

Well done and here's to many more

BM

• blondie
    blondie

I'm glad we met too. Does you wife know that he told you to go to another KH? Happy anniversary.

Blondie

• xjwms
    xjwms

Blondie

Yes, she does..she wanted to call him on it....I was already at the point that enough is enough

and well worn out from the battle of : Guilt, Fault, and Blame.

• mama1119
    mama1119

YEAH. Happy Anniversary. I wish you many more years of freedom!!!!!

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Wow--you have your 5th anniversay, same as 9/11!

• done4good
    done4good

That's interesting that it was on 9/11. I know of a few "inactive" ones that actually started going back to meetings after 9/11. Don't really know why.

j

• done4good
    done4good

Oh, Happy Aniversary!

j

• xjwms
    xjwms

Thanks everybody

I know that the 9/11 thing scared many to be "faithful"...I just not want to hear the mumbo jumbo

from all the self-rightous who think they are so "right"...

my attitude is: Right or wrong...Live or die....I just could not be an active JW anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit