Did Bethel Really let 900 rescue workers...

by Esmeralda 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

...stay in their facilities?

My sister just called me, with the idea of 'comforting' me WT style (bad idea *lol*) I shut her down by saying "I respect that these are your religious views, but they are not mine." That managed to shut her up finally.

Before that, though she volunteered this info, I was wondering if anyone can confirm it?

She said that their C.O. was visiting this week and that he is in 'constant contact' with Bethel. He stated that they "opened up their facilities to 900 firemen" who would have had a hard time going back and forth from ground zero otherwise.

She also said that they had a 'special' announcement at the bookstudy about throwing out all other preaching campaigns that have been suggested in the literature and until further notice to 'comfort' people with the tracts, magazines that have already been mentioned in previous posts here.

I told her to be careful offering any such 'comfort' to my husband, who was deeply offended by the WT depictions of of Armageddon destroying far more than were killed in NY. Her response was a typical JW knee-jerk reaction..."Well we know that is the way its going to be."

*gag*

Maybe if I keep repeating to her that I have no faith whatsoever in WT doctrine she'll get the point and leave me alone?

Curious to see if anyone with inside info can confirm what her circuit overseer said.

Thanks
    essie

"Though you may disappear,
    you're not forgotten here,
    and I will say to you,
    I will do what I can do."
    ~Peter Gabriel

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

I havn't heard that, although I don't attend meetings anymore, my father is an elder and he never mentioned any of this to me. Perhaps this is happening, but has not been announced to all of the halls.

If they did do this then I congradulate them for thinking of persons other than themselves. What a breath of fresh air to saythe least.

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

The thing is, I can't believe that if they DID do this that they haven't announced it at the meetings yet. Maybe it's too soon. I have to check out their media site today and see if anything is there, you know they'd be blowing their horn about it.

If they did, I say good. Everyone else is helping, they should too.

still curious if anyone can positively verify this.

essie

and I will say to you,
    ~Peter Gabriel

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

let me see..if they havent announced it, it means they
    didnt and are selfish bastards

and if they did do it and announced it they are
    self promoting bastards...........

but if they did do it and didnt announce it, it means
    they are emabarassed at how little they gave

• dubla
    dubla

nytel-

you still running around from thread to thread defending the wtbts? funny you never responded back to me the last time........really i didnt expect you to. you were proabably too busy on the phone with your neighbor still.

aa

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

um, NYtelecom did you see where I said this?

If they did, I say good. Everyone else is helping, they should too.

Not that you're really reading what I wrote anyway, right? I mean, if you are a good and faithful witness why are you trying to preach to an apostate like me?

not trying to pick a fight. Just letting you know that you can save your breath. The WT is indefensible for so many other reasons. What they do or do not do in this situation is merely another example.

and I will say to you,
    ~Peter Gabriel

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1
    funny you never responded back to me the last time........really i didnt expect you to. you were proabably too busy on the phone with your neighbor still.

how is that funny.is that funny haha or funny ironic.
    why do you post to me if you dont expect a response?

and no i havent been on the phone with my neighbor, they are currenly going hospital to hospital with a picture printed on a piece of paper....thanks for asking though, cuz i know you were soooo sincere.

• dubla
    dubla
    how is that funny.is that funny haha or funny ironic.

funny ironic.

why do you post to me if you dont expect a response?

sometimes people hope for things, but are realistic enough not to expect them. i always hope, for your sake, you'll have something to say after i continually discredit your posts, but knowing your love for dodging replies, i never expect you'll have something to say. hopefully this makes it easier for you to comprehend.

aa

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Hey All,

Would it better that they housed 901 workers?

• dubla
    dubla

i think they fed 900 stray cats fred.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit