Theocratic warfare [AKA Lying for the Truth]

by TTWSYF 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jhine
    jhine

On a thread , long ago , somone who I took to be a JW appologist outright denied to me that Theocractic Warfare existed !

The ultimate in Theocratic Warfare ?

Jan

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Thank you all. PeteZ, Abraham stating that Sarah was his sister was a big mistake wasn't it? Even the evil king asked why he would do such an evil thing. That was my understanding of it as I read it.

just saying

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

From Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 2, 244-245:

LIE - "Lying generally involves saying something false to a person who is entitled to know the truth and doing so with the intent to deceive or to injure him or another person."

So if the other person is not "entitled to know the truth" then not only do you NOT have to tell the truth, but you can say anything you want.

It's their major "loophole."

The WTBTS has a long history of using this legalistic ploy to justify any number of dishonest activities and claim it is part of serving Jehovah.

They make the Pharisees of the Bible look like amateurs.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• SG098
    SG098

It's interesting to see watchtower ignor its own holy book. They fail to follow what Paul said in Romans 3:5-8, especially versus 7 and 8:

"5However, if our unrighteousness highlights God’s righteousness, what are we to say? God is not unjust when he expresses his wrath, is he? (I am speaking in human terms.) 6By no means! How, otherwise, will God judge the world?

7But if by my lie the truth of God has been made more prominent to his glory, why am I also being judged as a sinner? 8And why not say, just as some men falsely claim that we say, “Let us do bad things that good things may come”? The judgment against those men is in harmony with justice."

Its obvious watchtower is no different than ever other Christian religion....they pick and choose what scriptures they want to follow.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

How could we survive lest the WTS save us from ourselves?

once the idea of "keeping" the R&F in the truth is more important than truth itself the GB can justify saying anything and sleep just fine

ray franz touched on this in CoC, to paraphrase:"if we let the sheep decide for themselves who knows how far they'll take it" or something like that

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    They have long since forgotten (if they ever really knew it to begin with) that if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.
  • jhine
    jhine

SGO98, that is a sweeping statement to make about all religions . Have you checked all religions to make sure that is true ? I would surely hope that that charge could could be levelled at my church.

Jan

• jhine
    jhine

Oh dear I just re-read my last post . It read like a confession! I obviously meant to say I hope that charge could not be levelled at my church ..

Jan

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF
    Jhine, Are you referring to The church started by Jesus?
  • jhine
    jhine

TTWSYF , not quite not sure what you are getting at . I am a member of the Anglican church .

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit