Living in an Hour Glass
Creating a Documentary about the life as one of Jehovah's Witnesses
THE LAST DAYS and THE CHOSEN ONES
A movie: The Preacher's Daughter.
Why: I think it's a catchy title - sounds like it could be saucy.
Storyline: Follows the life story of a girl born into a strict jw family in the 1950's (with the father being an elder, ie preacher).
- Scenes from school as a child.
- Pioneering in the 70's.
- Scenes from judicial committee action following "loose conduct" with a boy in the congregation.
- Problems of falling in love with a "worldly" man.
- Double life when she realises she'll never make the grade.
- JC action when her double life is discovered (disfellowshipping and shunning by whole family and every friend she's ever known - including the "worldly" man who can't relate to her mental state).
- Re-uniting with her family at the funeral of her mother after no contact for 10 years.
- Finding out it was never the truth.
- Attempts to get her family out.
- Happy ending as she re-unites with the boy from the original JC action.
- Or sad ending as she commits suicide after her family rejects her again.
The movie could start with the funeral and as she is sitting there in the back of the kingdom hall, she has flashbacks to events in her life.
Then again, to an outsider it might all seem rather pathetic.
6 MILLION PEOPLE CAN'T POSSIBLY BE ALL WRONG,CAN THEY?