apostates in Michigan

by BlackSwan of Memphis 14 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I know we have some exjw's on the board that are from Michigan.

But what I'm wondering is if anyone here would remember a story that came out of the Brighton, Michigan area about 15 - 20 years ago.

Apparently a young woman da'ed and then some time later was (if my memory serves me correctly) killed in a car accident. I believe her parent's da'ed soon after. Slowly it was rumored that others were following them out.

I don't have any names whatsoever, but if anyone knows anything about this I would like to get an idea what went down.

I know we have a much larger number of former jw's in the area who are ex by choice and I'm just curious what their stories are and reconnecting with some that I knew.

• Emma
    Emma

bttt

I'd like to hear, too.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Back in the late 70's or early 80's a 20 page type written letter from a Box 864, Davison, Michigan 48423 that was sent to many Elders in various Michigan Congregations. I got a copy along with several other Elders that was mailed to their homes. We were told to immediately turn them in, which I did, (of course after I had made a copy of it, which I still have ). The many comments and questions were the thing that got me seriously thinking something is 'rotton in Denmark' so-to-speak, (No offense to any of you Dane's out there).

How they got our addresses, I do not know but if we had questions we could respond to the above address or they also gave an address in England, Vancouver, WA, and Taby, Sweden.

Outaservice

PS Who you calling an Apostate? They're all in New York, Brooklyn to be exact!

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

outaservice,

Is there any way you can scan and post a copy of that letter? I am sure all of us on the board would be interested in reading it. Thanks, Lilly

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I would love to see that letter too -

Regarding Michigan apostates - Wifey and I are traveling thru Michigan this weekend on a little get away. I think we will be moving along the Eastern shore of Lake Michigan - anyone along the way that would like to meet and have a bite of lunch or dinner - please PM me.

Sorry to break into the thread off-topic - but I am thinking that Michiganders will all be tuning into this thread today. Thanx

Jeff [of the happy to get away from the grandkids for a couple days class]

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

lovelylil, if you could PM me with an address, I could send it to you, and you could scan it, copy it or whatever and then send it back to me. However, I am leaving early in the morning for Michigan, Illinois, and New York for about 3 weeks and so would not do it until I return. My scanner is down.

Jeff, if I was living where I used to, I would meet you for lunch for I lived in West Michigan, in the most beautiful tourist area, but alas, I moved to Florida.

Cheers,

Outaservice

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I will scan it if you mail it to me and then I will post it on JWD for you. I will pm my address. Lilly

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

Wow, that letter sounds interesting,

• Badger
    Badger

Aztec was, but she's in Colorado with me now...

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    Aztec was, but she's in Colorado with me now...

Yeah, you took her away! Tell her Meagan (BlackSwan) said hi. And I hope you guys are doing good!

I would love to see that letter too -

Regarding Michigan apostates - Wifey and I are traveling thru Michigan this weekend on a little get away. I think we will be moving along the Eastern shore of Lake Michigan - anyone along the way that would like to meet and have a bite of lunch or dinner - please PM me.

Sorry to break into the thread off-topic - but I am thinking that Michiganders will all be tuning into this thread today. Thanx

Jeff [of the happy to get away from the grandkids for a couple days class]

I know we're going up to Claire this weekend, but I'll keep this btt as much as I can so that others from Michigan can see this. We have a nice group. You should have some lovely weather this weekend. Not too hot or too cold. So I hope you get to enjoy your few days off!!

Back in the late 70's or early 80's a 20 page type written letter from a Box 864, Davison, Michigan 48423 that was sent to many Elders in various Michigan Congregations. I got a copy along with several other Elders that was mailed to their homes. We were told to immediately turn them in, which I did, (of course after I had made a copy of it, which I still have ). The many comments and questions were the thing that got me seriously thinking something is 'rotton in Denmark' so-to-speak, (No offense to any of you Dane's out there).

How they got our addresses, I do not know but if we had questions we could respond to the above address or they also gave an address in England, Vancouver, WA, and Taby, Sweden.

Now that is certainly interesting. I know that there was definitely some very active apostates around here (by apostate I mean person's who are not just former jw but former and vocal about it). So this is not too surprising. I would really like to see a copy of this letter. Thanks for sharing!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit