'The Best is Yet to Come!!'

by Gill 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

Do you remember this phrase from the Watchtower Society that was heavily bandied about during the late 1980's and 1990's, I think??

'The Best is Yet to Come!'

What was it meant to really mean?

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Maybe like the ads say: ASK THE RABBI.

Outaservice

• Gill
    Gill

Sorry Outaservice, but we don't have the same ads here in England as you do in Azerbajain!!

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's just a motto to motivate the workforce the same as we can get from many commercial companies, they can look forward to something good. It's just another act of manipulation, look forward to the future soon lots of wonderful things will be here for us.

However the WTS is going from bad to worse the end is not in sight, people are leaving it in large numbers and all inspiration for new "knowledge" seems to have gone away after Franz went off the scene.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Never heard this from the WTS.
    S4

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I remember it well.

I suppose it was there way to create anticipation. Little did they know that the best that was yet to come was the UN debacle, child abuse allegations and other such scandals.

DB74

• earthtone
    earthtone

I never heard that either.

The phrase I remember hearing is....

Isn't it fitting then....blah blah blah something.

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

I remember it used in the early 90s. From about 95 onwards I never heard it mentioned.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    The phrase I remember hearing is....

Isn't it fitting then....blah blah blah something.

Earthtone, you crack me up! I remember that phrase too!!!

I remember "the best is yet to come". It's similar to "keep your eyes on the prize". It's code for "go out in service more and stop watching TV, you jerk."

• moshe
    moshe

the new slogan is---" It's as good as it gets"- !

Any others?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit