Peter Brock killed in Racing Accident!

by misspeaches 6 Replies latest social current

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Its a bad week for Australian celebrities:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/peter-brock-killed-in-crash/2006/09/08/1157222310976.html

Racing legend Peter Brock ... reported killed.

A car competing in the Targa West rally crashed into a tree at Gidgegannup about 30 kilometres north-east of Perth about 12pm, a Western Australia police spokesman told smh.com.au.

The car was carrying two people and one had died in the crash, he said.

The major crash investigation unit was at the scene, he said. Ambulances were not called.

The spokesman could not confirm the driver was Mr Brock, although that is being broadcast on Sky News.

Brock, 61, was driving with Mick Hone in a Daytona Coupe.

The circumstances of the accident remain unclear.

The Targa West takes place over four days and is divided into two categories, competition and challenge, the latter catering for relatively standard specification road cars.

The rally began in Perth yesterday.

Race organisers said an announcement would be made soon.

They would confirm only that an accident had taken place.

• bebu
    bebu

That is sad news... but wondering why it merited a from you?

bebu

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

My goodness i meant to use the down thumb! I clicked the wrong circle! Can a mod fix it for me?

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Very sad about Brockie. Well liked over here and a regular on TV ads. Versatile Garages I think.
    Many believe he became a JW. Can anyone in Oz confirm?
    Pete.

So sad about Steve Crikey Irwin too. All in the same week! If Peter Garrett dies there will hardly be any famous Aussies left! :)

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    If Peter Garrett dies

Unfortunately, it only seems to be the good guys dying at the mo...

Still, I wouldn't shed a tear if something sudden happened to our beloved Germaine...

• Mackin
    Mackin

Bigmouth, he was never a jdub. That was a jdub "urban ledgend". http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/38420/1.ashx

• Witchettygrub
    Witchettygrub

Hi Bigmouth (Pete)

You asked if he was a JW? No he wasn't. He had separated from his wife Bev of 28 years 12 months ago and was currently living with his new partner who was with him over in WA when the accident happened.

It's very sad on top of Steve Irwin earlier this week.

Witchettygrub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit