Watchtower Exploitation Begins!

by metatron 36 Replies latest jw friends

• proplog2
    proplog2

Cygnus:

Enlighten me!

I know some American Indian tribes believed in The Great White Spirit restoring the sacred earth. I am a little suspicious of what the Mormons believe in this area.

I am sure I spoke too generally.

• tdogg
    tdogg

Wow. My second day after finding this site and I am amazed. Did I hear (read) correctly that active JW's are on this site reading this apostate propaganda? And not only that but they are proposing that God will take into account the true heart of person on judgment day? Now I have not been to a meeting for 10 years, the 2 funerals of family I attended at the k-hall do not count, but this is intersesting. Are they actually suggesting that anyone not completely in line with the O will survive destruction for eternity? Very strange to me indeed since this is NOT WHAT I WAS TAUGHT for 18 years. This is not what I studied countless times. This is not the same threat leveled against me any time I so much as wavered. Even recently from my long standing JW father: "I would hate to see you or your family lose their lives" (damn, so would I). Even, so I was taught, many who attend meetings and engage in service may not survive. And make no mistake: I WAS TAUGHT, with absolute clarity, that anyone who is killed during that time, anyone who is dfed or not in good standing, or anyone bloodguilty will be "cast into the valley of Gehenna" for eternal destruction. No ressurection for those ones. This is or at least was the teaching and if you dont believe this teaching then YOU are not in line and are in danger yourself. How can you claim to be JW when you are not accepting this fundemental doctrine? You cannot pick and choose with the organization. You must view me and the majority of the people you meet, good hearted or not, as future dead people. That is stark honesty and I wont let you skirt the issue with this "kinder gentler Armageddon" notion.

• larc
    larc

Welcome tdog,

Your essay was eloquent and right on target. As I would say, right on, or, as our UK friends would say, spot on.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Roybatty answered Troubled:
    >>Sometimes I think about Ninevah. How he had Jonah give the warning of destruction. But due to the hearts and responses of people, He did not bring such a destruction after all.
    I can appreciate your points.<<
    Troubled, I can appreciate you making this point but this is not what is taught. While I was a JW for some 25 years, I never recall this even being speculated or hoped for.
    Oh yes, friend, this is frequently hoped for. One thing is of course that we all hope for all mankind to be "saved", but the words of Jonah are used quite frequently. Not long ago, a DO here gave a talk on the matter, and stated that if a worldwide "salvation" was obtained, then the words of the Bible when describing destruction, would not be void or nullified, but with be the warning of what would have happened had not mankind rurned around, made the shift or change. So this is taught.

• tdogg
    tdogg

Perhaps a DO did make that remark but it would amount to nothing more than personal speculation. When there is any dispute over doctrine one is directed to first the written word of WTBS publications and if there is still dispute a letter to the gov body would be required and follwed by written clarification. I could be wrong, but I do not believe such published documentation exists.

• SEAKEN2001
    SEAKEN2001

I have vasilated from pitty to anger to outrite disgust while reading this thread. I would like to come accross as balanced and objective but it is hard for me to hold back from showing my disgust at the weak constitution of so many of you so-called "witnesses". Have you just shown up? Are there any of you who really know what you are talking about? Stand back and look at your "organization" and then tell me you are really comfortable being an apologist for them. I think what you are doing is salving your conscience. You are afraid to act on it! Why not speak to your leaders honestly about the "troubles" you are having? Because you know damn well you'll get the "axe" and be labelled at least a trouble-maker and probably DF'd as an apostate. You guys make me sick. Hiding behind your own opinions of what JW's are all about. You know good and well that the "Faithful & Discreet Slave" will not abide by you. They reject you and consider you to be a blight on their "clean" organization. They will not treat you with kindness and understanding.

Will you continue to close your eyes? Will you continue to run in fear? Will you really stand with those who have lost loved ones and are suffering the trauma imposed upon them by this tragedy? Do you really want to convert them to your religion so that they may get "life" or are you too afraid to listen to them and their point of view and accept that they are as right as anyone else?

The truth is the WTS DOES exploit people. Every day. Every hour. Closing your eyes to the facts will not change them. Get involved in exposing them before you speak in your own behalf. Act for justice! Stop appologizing for narrow minded exploitive organizations that won't even come to your aid when you ask them. That's pitiful!

So much for being objective. I'm angry at all of you who close your eyes to the horrors of others in order to protect your own reputation. To hell with your reputation. Stand up and be counted along with those who support justice in spite of the pain and suffering it causes us personally.

Sean

• rhett
    rhett

>However, it is unkind and untrue to categorize all JWs into a group >and portray them as unfeeling, exploitative humans waiting to >capitalize on the suffering of others. This is my own personal >experience.

Hey, if JW's can catagorize all non-JW's into evil people who only care about tearing them away from their version of God then don't be suprised when JW's get catagorized as exploitative.

Also, where does the number 99% of all humans will die in armageddon come from? Well, correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the only people who believe the JW schtick and follow that way are the ones that are supposed to survive the end? There are only a few million JW's in the world also. There are a few billion people in the world as well. Given those numbers I doubt that it would even be a 1% survival rate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit