9-1-06 WT Example of False Arguments

by Amazing 12 Replies latest jw friends

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Bluesbrothers took the words out of my mouth...AMAZING. Thank you so much for taking the time; I will definitely print this, study it and use it as needed when handed this publication, which I expect I'll be getting any day now. PERFECT timing, thanks Amazing!

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Hi Jim. I wrote to the society back and forth using the same line of logic you used re the Church being protected by Jesus or Jesus would be a liar.

We wrote back and forth for months, touching on topics such as the early Church Fathers, the New Testament Canon and how it wasn't even established until AFTER the establishment of other doctrines such as the Trinity. And if you take the Church's canon, why not take the other doctrines the SAME men were responsible for defining.

In the end I got bored. No matter what argument I used, they used circular reasoning that basically went around to their authority: "This is the truth because the Society says so."

I love this thread because it reminds me of how much I have learned in the last 6 years since leaving JWs. And how much I've grown too. PM me and we can compare notes. Its been a long time.

• VM44
    VM44

"They also quoted one man as though he was an expert or an authority on the subject of evolution, when in fact he is a comic stage writer."

LOL...I laughed when I read that. The Society will quote, or misquote as the case might be, anyone they can find that might support whatever propaganda they are trying to pass off at the moment.

Good comments on the article Amazing.

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit