The resurrection of dead pets

by greendawn 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

I know a brother who is convinced his pet dog will be resurrected in the "new system". He backs this up by saying, "The scriptures say that jehovah will satisfy the desire of every living thing; well I don't want to live forever without my dog so he'll have to resurrect him." I sometimes wonder if it's the only thing that keeps him going. He loved that dog.
    tall penguin

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I will take any one of the wonderful animal pals I have had in my life over seeing my holier-than-thou poisonous JW step-mother again ANY day.

There is no doubt in my mind that dear animals go back into the "soul-soup" just like everybody else.

• ex-perfectdaughter
    ex-perfectdaughter

On one hand I understand the teaching that Jesus didn't die for animals, but also they didn't inherit Adamic sin. So where does that leave them?

• greendawn
    greendawn

True they have no intelligence as humans they can't understand how to relate to the divine or anything but if faithful human want their pets back their desire may be fulfilled and thus they will be resurrected.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Warlock:

Jesus didn't die for animals, so how could they be resurrected?

Maybe Jesus had a perfect dog as a pet, and maybe he was killed as well. Would that mean all animals would be resurrected, or just dogs? Maybe Jesus had lots of pets, a dog, a cat, a hamster, a turtle, a goldfish. I realise this is starting to sound ridiculous. The logistics of nailing a goldfish to a cross make it highly unlikely.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Animals do not sin since they have no intelligence and no liability unlike humans they can't be held accountable. Only humans are able to understand and interact with the creator.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Jesus didn't die for animals, so how could they be resurrected?

Warlock

Yes he did. He died to save sheep!

Someone once said that to me on this DF. Jesus died to make people stop killing sheep. lol! So it only makes sense that sheep can be resurrected. Since god didn't want any dogs or cats sacrificed then maybe we should all have sheep for house pets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit