Installing Watchtower Library

by Twitch 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Twitch
    Twitch

You know, it's funny.

I have my dub parents PC here for a tune up and one of the things they asked of me was to install the latest Watchtower Library from CD. I said sure and am doing it at the moment. The funny thing is that it wasn't that long ago where I would've said no way, I want nothing to do with it and would've had something akin to an allergic reaction to handling the disk, (slightly exaggerated lol). I suppose it's because I've fought with them over this thing for almost 20 years and neither side is budging. Can't change them. So I figure why waste any more energy on it? Their choice to believe or perhaps more accurately, to close their minds to other beliefs. Not my denial-fest, lol. Perhaps some would disagree with "promoting" the belief to family but I have no problem with it. To each their own.

It really means nothing to me and i like that fact. Sure there are deep roots and moments where it surfaces but much if not all of that anger is now gone. And it's great.

Life is funny sometimes,...

PS Anyone have any questions regarding doctrine? lmao

• south african beef
    south african beef

Perhaps they think that if you install it for them you may well see something on there that will make you realise that you are missing out and should go back to 'd troof'. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

When you install that does it put all the files into the computer or do you still need the cd to run it?

If it installs everything I wonder how hard it would be to hack into the files in the computer and do some judicious editing?

• south african beef
    south african beef

I remember that my dad used to go into the study, shut the door and say he was using the WT library cd for research.

It's dawning on me now that perhaps he was 'lurking' on sites like this!

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Perhaps they think that if you install it for them you may well see something on there that will make you realise that you are missing out and should go back to 'd troof'. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must know my parents. Or have the same type perhaps,...lol I smile at the little games now. So transparent.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Why not bookmark some favorites like freeminds, ajwrb, etc.

Rename them with a few of their favorites.

Let them go to their favorites and see freeminds, JWD, Belifnet, awjrb, etc.

Who knows, they might be curious and look around.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    When you install that does it put all the files into the computer or do you still need the cd to run it? If it installs everything I wonder how hard it would be to hack into the files in the computer and do some judicious editing?

You have the option when installing. I'll let you know on the second part,....;-)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

That's a nice change for you Twitch - to realize there is nothing you can do to change them and it isn't worth the stress to fight.

Who knows, they might read something and it makes them actually think - OK not likely

• Apathy
    Apathy

Hacking into their Watchtower Library CD-Rom? Can I please wave the Bad Idea Flag around? I mean, likely they'll realise something is wrong, and most old people think that computers are magical boxes that can do anything. (My mom thinks people can watch me through the monitor! OMG HACKERS!!/1) Likely if they see something that looks funny, they'll blame you immediately. And how hard is it to go to their hard copies of the literature and see if the text matches up?

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Likely if they see something that looks funny, they'll blame you immediately. And how hard is it to go to their hard copies of the literature and see if the text matches up?

Yeah, but the look on their faces would be priceless,.....muahahaha

jk on the hack. Better things to do with my time,....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit