If you heard this headline on the news, would you be frightened?

by free2beme 31 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

"Visitors from outer space reveal themselves, and make contact"

Now, I realize this is something seen on those supermarket tabloids all the times. What I am saying, is what if it was true and the networks had it on, CNN, FOXnews, MSNBC, etc. There was the shots on television of the ships, and the aliens speaking to the people. How would you feel?

Personally, I think as a society, the media and entertainment world have prepared us for this in some way. People are often more open to ideas, if they have seen the idea in a story line of a movie or in a book. They are more frightened, if something happens they never heard about before or seen. I was wondering though, do you think this could happen one day or do you think that life on other planets is just so far away that nothing could live to travel this distance to our world? Maybe, we are seen by life in the universe as a wild life preserve, and do not allow outside influence, but maybe one day we will be advanced enough to handle it.

So would such a thing frighten you?

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Nah...curious, interested, excited but not scared. I think maybe we are being too arrogant in our presumption that we are the only living societies in the universe - it's a big place out there and one that we've been able to explore little of. sammieswife.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I would wonder what advancements and knowledge they would bring. Maybe they would have the cure to cancer, or perhaps an insight into what life is about and from. I think it would be exciting. Although, often history repeats itself and I am sure that even the north American indians thought those people from Europe were exciting in the begining too.

• Arthur
    Arthur

I'll just start running around screaming: "It's a cookbook! It's a cookbook!"

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

To Serve Man

• Brigid
    Brigid
    To Serve Man

LOL!! Speaking of the Twilight Zone! It would depend on what the aliens said as to whether or not I would be afraid.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I would be more concerned at what they were not saying, as all those sci fi movies normally have aliens saying all they want is peace, while they harvest us and the planets resources.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Watch this (each part is one hour)

Part One

Part Two

j

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    and the networks had it on, CNN, FOXnews, MSNBC, etc.

I would not believe that it was real - cynical so and so that I have become. Once bitten, by the dubs, twice shy

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I wouldn't believe it. If aliens came from outer space, it would be either covered up, or we'd all be vaporized anyhow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit