Comments You Will Not Hear at the 9-3-06 WT Study (AFFLICTED)

by blondie 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• carla
    carla

Where is the Messianic Kingdom in this article? ---That's something I keep asking myself , these people have replaced the good news of the kingdom with the good news of paradise earth

In their minds isn't it one and the same? Paradise earth is the kingdom? or part of it? (for the average dub)

• heathen
    heathen

They believe the great crowd can only live on earth as humans and all those scriptures of being changed and being with the lord apply only to the 144k where as I believe it is talking about the great crowd because the 144k are all dead and are the first resurrection that takes place prior to the, shall we say, "rapture" . To me the kingdom of the heavens is the city of new jerusalem or jerusalem above, that lands on earth and acts as a noahs ark for the great crowd . So yes they are literally in the kingdom of the heavens . Being ruled by the kingdom as an earthly subject is not the same as actually being in the kingdom of the heavens , the WTBTS even invented the spritiual paradise to make it look as if they are figuratively worshipping in the court yard of the kingdom . The earth itself may very well be the courtyard but the great crowd are shown as worshipping before the throne of God in Revelation 7 so they do have alot closer relationship than taught by the WTBTS and I believe this actually happens inside the city , if they are inside the throne room then they are no longer in the court yard but in a palace of some sort .IMO

• Flash
    Flash

Concluding Comments
    I can say that when I stopped attending all meetings at the KH and conventions and assemblies that my despondency disappeared.
    How quickly the oppressive fog lifted. No more hearing that I was an elephant conditioned to stay chained to a post, that non-JWs were only corpses, and that Jesus only picked up shiny new quarters and left the dirty pennies on the sidewalk.
    No more wondering why the love of God and Jesus weren't seen at the WTS gatherings. If you haven't already, why not take a vacation from the WTS grind?

AMEN!

Thanks Blondie

• Room 215
    Room 215

And why are so many long-time JWs depressed? The unspokedn reason #4, the proverbial 800-pound gorilla in the room this Sunday at the local KH was what Solomon identitied in Proverbs 13:12: ``eecpetation postponed makes the heart sick."

• jgnat
    jgnat

From Professor McHugh:

A saving grace for any medical theory or practice--the thing that spares it perpetual thraldom to the gusty winds of fashion--
    is the patients. They are real, they are around, and a knowledge of their distressing symptoms guards against oversimplification.

Bless his heart. Thank you for that, Scully.

It's labour day here, too. And I plan on avoiding labour at all costs. It's been a beautiful weekend here, lots of warmth and sunshine. Four tomatoes ripened and counting. Yesterday we went to Seba beach and waded in the shallow waters, throwing a frisbee around. Today, we went to the last baseball game of the season.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

healthful diet and some exercise MAY be helpful--assuming that you aren't already doing that or that it would be helpful under any circumstances.

Who can excercise with all the WT related spiritual activities to do!!!

5 Meetings

12 hours of service

studying

preparing talks

on top of your necessary daily chores!!

• heathen
    heathen
    healthful diet and some exercise MAY be helpful

Yah sitting around at the donut shop while out in service is not getting exercise . I bet next they come up with a j-dub boot camp so as to weed out the fatties .LOL

• carla
    carla

My very first thoughts when I saw this title was- wt=afflicted, that says it all.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

I'm a bit late in commenting on this - been away, but another great post Blondie! It is very depressing hearing the WTS double talk such as: condeming the Pharisees for making worship a burden by their extra oral rules, and how wrong it is, to then review the insert for a Convention and all the do's and don'ts, what to wear when in and around the convention (even in your own time), how to behave and act, what food to bring etc etc etc. I know that feeling depressed about what I was taught and how it didnt add up with the Bible (two classes of christians/paradise/politics in the congregation) eventually brought me down so low I had to leave for my mental well being. Although I still feel i'm recovering, I certainly do feel more at peace, from the constant pointing out of your flaws, not doing enough service, false doctrines and so on.

CS 101

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit