Epiphany moment this morning!!

by kairos 10 Replies latest jw friends

• kairos
    kairos

After all my reading, conversations, study, meditating, video watching, etc.

This for me, could very well be the "end all" topic to clearly define why being a JW is useless.

There is zero scriptural evidence that following the rules of a "Governing Body" of men is required to be acceptable to god or to gain salvation ( everlasting life in paradise ).

When asked by anyone, this will be my reply.

"Show me the evidence"...

I don't care if it cries out, "I'm an apostate"!

Whomever hears the comment will not be able to ignore it. Maybe a simpler statement fastened to utility poles where JW's can see them. Under yard sales signs, near the hall, common route into the territory or favorite coffee shops, for example.

Psalm 146:3
    Do not put YOUR trust in nobles,
    Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs.
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/noble
    It's your posts that are helping me the most!I welcome your thoughts on this.
  • cappytan
    cappytan

I really wish I could get some yard signs, print JWFACTS.COM on them and then go at like 1:00 in the morning on Sunday and put them on the streets leading up to our Kingdom Hall.

I would get a sense of satisfaction out of it, but I don't know if it would do any good. I remember a guy that used to picket our old Kingdom Hall with a sign that said "1-800-WHY-1914." I never called the number and I doubt anyone else did either.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    cappytan
    Yes I remember walking into assemblies and laughing at Apostates yelling at us, but they were also thumping the bible. But I think things are different now, I think we are as mad and as frustrated, but we know if you want to be affective and smart there is a way to try to do it. Something I lost control of when i blew up at my family, I lost my famous cool.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Good scripture but I would not bother with the signs.
  • suavojr
    suavojr

You have a valid point but the GB gets its authority using Zechariah 8:23, therefore their decisions have divine support.

w14 11/15 27

14 The flocking of many humans to worship Jehovah with his people in this time of the end was foretold by two ancient prophets. Isaiah prophesied: “Many peoples will go and say: ‘Come, let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will instruct us about his ways, and we will walk in his paths.’ For law will go out of Zion, and the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem.” (Isa. 2:2, 3) Likewise, the prophet Zechariah foretold that “many peoples and mighty nations will come to seek Jehovah of armies in Jerusalem and to beg for the favor of Jehovah.” He depicted them as “ten men out of all the languages of the nations” who, symbolically speaking, would take hold of the robe of spiritual Israel, saying: “We want to go with you, for we have heard that God is with you people.”—Zech. 8:20-23.

15 The “other sheep” “go with” the spiritual Israelites in the work of preaching the good news of the Kingdom. (Mark 13:10) They become a part of God’s people, “one flock” with the anointed, under “the fine shepherd,” Christ Jesus.—Read John 10:14-16.

• kairos
    kairos

I would have to include the requirement to provide proof with only the bible when speaking directly to others. They NEVER like that.

This does something, too. Makes them realize that they cannot defend their "faith" without reading the answers out of the Watchtower publications. The WTS are "masters over their faith".

LOABB ( listen, obey and be blessed )

• SAHS
    SAHS

Another good Scripture, which is certainly a bit of good advice, is Proverbs 14:15: “The naïve person believes every word, but the shrewd one ponders each step.” To that end, Acts 17:10, 11 is appropriate: “. . . The brothers sent both Paul and Silas to Beroea. On arriving, they went into the synagogue of the Jews. Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they accepted the word with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so.”

Now, if the apostle Paul recommended “carefully examining” the actual Scriptures themselves, then surely it would be fitting to carefully examine any man-made organization/corporation claiming to be the one-and-only mouthpiece for Almighty God! (You would think, eh?) As the famous cosmologist Carl Sagan wrote in his book called Cosmos: “Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.” (This is referred to by some as the “Sagan standard.”)

The WTS demands attention by everyone. And they deserve it – but not in the way they would like. Yes, such grandiose claims deserve attention all right – in the form of critical scrutiny. And with the Internet, the WTS is coming under the magnifying glass as to just exactly what they are and what they have been up to all along.

As 1 John 4:1 says: “Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.” Any man, or group of men, claiming to be a “prophet” should have every one of their so-called ‘inspired statements’ examined and scrutinized – that is, certainly before anyone would ever even consider giving their whole life to follow them!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

What about this as a simple, straightforward question to ask any Witness - Elders included:

"What Bible evidence convinces you that J.F. Rutherford was personally chosen by Christ as his representative on earth?

Prepare for glazed-over eyes and mumblings!

("Not being witnesses for Jehovah but for Christ" is what caused my ex-Elder friend to totally lose it with me! So I kind of feel a close attachment to this 28 scriptures Bible truth!!)

• jhine
    jhine

In the Zech 8 quote the ten men are only a symbolic representation of all of the people from non Jewish backgrounds coming to seek God , not ten actual men . The Watchtower seem to be using this verse in the same way as the faithful slave verse , ignoring it's context .

Jan

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    I like your reasoning "The searcher"!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit