My life as a Jehovahs Witness

by iamfreenow 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• mouthy
    mouthy

thank you for sharing your history.

What a wonderful writer you are Thanks a million ...The WT elder was right about one thing GOD DOES examine hearts so I believe you will see Ron ,Mum,Dad again your family sounded great.
    Boy I wish I could fly over there to meet you at the Curry party... Your a trouper & a great one. Have you ever considered writing a book? Jean Eason wrote hers it is now in a few languages. " A Jehovah Witness Finds The Truth" I am So blessed by reading your story.... A lot I could relate to... But Now we are out of the "LIE" we wont call it the truth anymore .Right ?

God Bless my love ((((((((((((BIG HUG ))))))) mouthy

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Marion,

Thanks for sharing your interesting story. It seems that as JWs, Trev and Linda were very kind and you seem to be very kind also. I have to imagine the departure of all three of you has left quite a gap in your former cong. Maybe some eyes will be opened.

• sspo
    sspo

Thanks for your story and your courage of leaving after 60 years.

• evita
    evita

Hi Marion
    Your story is amazing and brought tears to my eyes. After so many years as a faithful JW you had the courage to leave it all behind. I would have given anything if my mom had realized the truth about the "truth".
    I hope you're enjoying your freedom and the new possiblities open to you. I look forward to reading your posts as I know we will benefit from your wisdom and experience.
    Love and Best Wishes,
    Eva

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Now THAT'S the kind of story I want to read in the Awake! Well done Marion. I am coming to understand that the way you were treated after so many years of genuine service is true for so many others.

The bravery you show is inspiring. There was a thread recently by someone asking whether it was better to leave someone in the org. than to open their eyes to the 'Truth'. Most felt that at a certain point the social loss would be devastating to that person. But you've done just that! I hope we can fill that space for you.

Best wishes to you, Trev and Linda.

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

Hello everyone,

thankyou so much for your kind replies, and the support you have given me. Believe me, it is very much needed. It's one week tonight since my announcement, and I haven't quite got used to my freedom yet, but I am 100% sure that I have made the right decision to leave. I am so happy to be on this site, thanks to the kindness of my friends Linda and Trev, and to Simon for allowing me to join from their computer until I have my own.

I look forward to getting to know some of you in Manchester next month, and also on this forum.

all my love

Marion xxx

• Gilberto
    Gilberto

Thank you for your story Marion.

I will copy it to show someone I know who has come to realise the lies but needs some encouragement. She is in her sixties and has been pinning all her hopes on the new system so she feels completely at a loss with her life.

I think your story will help her to see the courage she needs also the freedom that you actually can do what you want. Not relying on the watchtower to control every aspect of your life.

Dansk this Km would fit with them selling their farm

*** km 5/74 p. 3 How Are You Using Your Life? ***

Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world’s end

Other quotes about 1975 can be found at

http://www.reexamine.org/quotes/1975.htm

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Dearest IamFreeNow Marion...

What a Dearheart you are! My gods... your story brought tears to my eyes. You give me such hope. Isn't it funny that we used to have hope to bring people into the (t)ruth, and now we have hope and get excited when someone claws their way out?

Oh, Marion, I am so happy you are here. I, too, as others have said, feel as if I know you. I guess, in some ways, we all do know each other, in ways that folks who have not been in the org cannot truly understand. Thank you for being here.

*hugs*

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

Hi Marion. Thanks for sharing your story. The wts has made fools of all of us, and we've given our lives to it. The moment your circumstances change the elders turn on you, and they seem to forget all the work and loyalty you shown the organisation. Enjoy your freedom, and if I can persuade my wife, hope to see you at the apostacurry next month.

• bubble
    bubble

Hi Marion, thank you so much for sharing your story. I normally hate long posts but you had me completely gripped.

It's wierd but you are exactly the same age as my mum and I am exactly the same age as your eldest son. My mum and her whole family were brought into the 'truth' by my great aunt and my mum has pioneered for many years too. Lots of similarities, so I hope someday that she sees the light like you did and gets out of the org, along with my dad and sister too.

Can't wait to meet you at the apostacurry, glad I fought to get the weekend off work (it wasn't easy).

Love Marie. XXX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit