Enoch

by Ade 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ade
    Ade

I havent really had a chance to ask anyone about my favourite book - Enoch, the book that apparently the church fathers tried to "remove". has anyone else here read the book of Enoch, or the book of the secrets of Enoch.If so what is your opinion, i found it to bear many similarities to revelation in certain places . Also including a history of the angels who caused much mischief in Noah's day is fascinating , references to the Son of Man in such detail and the concept of different heavens is interesting as well.

• moanzy
    moanzy

I've read it, but it was quite awhile ago. I understand now why the witnesses won't use it as an inspired work!!!!!

It has beautiful description of heaven and is a real eye opener. I personally can't see why that book was not used, but Revelation was kept.

Moanzy

• Ade
    Ade

Hi,
    I know what you mean, particularly paradise being in heaven ( one of the heavens ) would pose serious problems for them lol.

all the best
    Ade

• moanzy
    moanzy

Have you had a chance to read the book attributed to Mary? It's not a long one, but it is also quite interesting. The more I read these books that were not included in our canonized bible the more I see why they don't want them in.

I don't think we would have a christian religion with these books included. We would have a more mystery religion than a dogmatic one.

Moanzy

• Ade
    Ade

HI,
    I havent read that one yet however i will do so before the week is out.

i agree , if these books are indeed true and were included in the bible most religions would fall apart.

God bless you and yours
    Ade

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I think what you are looking for can be found here:
    pseudepigrapha.com
    There is also a 2 volume set of these books out as well:
    Pseudepigrapha Books

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

The book of Enoch (1 Enoch) is received as Scripture by the Ethiopian church, which preserved it through the ages before the modern findings.

Btw the Wikipedia article is fairly up-to-date: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Enoch

• badboy
    badboy

wasn't it mentioned(indirectly) in JUDE?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

badboy,

It is formally quoted. See the link in my previous post and Leolaia's thread at http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/85223/1.ashx

• badboy
    badboy

THANKS AND I HAVE BROUGHT THREAD TO THE TOP.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit