terrorist tragedy and silent lambs

by wasasister 16 Replies latest jw friends

• belbab
    belbab

Dear Wasasister,

I, too, have thought of the same question. Will dateline be eclipsed? Not unless we allow it to be forgotten. I agree with others that Dateline should be linked with aspects of the tragedy in New York and Washington. For example, someone posted about the horrendous misery in Afghanistan, giving numerous examples of rape , child abuse and crimes against women, by male fundamentalist fanatics, the Taliban extremists. Religious cults, foster abuse, whether, militant or less so. Child abuse in the WT organization is not just a passing phenomena, cult mentality fosters it.

So to keep the issue of child abuse alive, we can ensure that dateline will happen. We can tie subjects together by posting appropriate articles.

belbab, returning from ground zero, and focusing .

• Satanus
    Satanus

belbab

'returning from ground zero'
    Are working at the wtc disaster?

S

• wasasister
    wasasister

Of course I agree - it's completely appropriate that attention be shifted to a matter affecting the entire world. Along with everything and everyone else suffering, I regret that those who have worked so hard recently to bring about reform will now have their efforts put on the back burner....for now.

After looking at the pictures Tally and others have brought up, it seems the WT has yet another ugly skeleton in its closet to hide. I wonder how the intelligence community would view those pictures? I further wonder how the FBI would respond to YK's "innocent wager"?

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda
    : Please, Dear Future, make me wrong... for my daughter, if not for me.

teejay...you brought tears to my eyes. I have been looking at my daughter through different eyes this week. She is only nearly six, and this week changed her future more than any of us can imagine.

I think of how naive I was when she was born. Even though I already had doubts about being a JW, I'd been programmed since I was in the womb, and I never imagined that we'd see the year 2000 in "this system". I never imagined she might grow up in war time.

My hopes are the same as yours, that our future will turn out all right in the end, for all our children, if not for our generation.

tearfully
    essie

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Wasasister,

your fear is something

reasonable. Belbab gave a balanced comment:

"Child abuse in the WT organization is not just a passing phenomena, cult mentality fosters it.

So to keep the issue of child abuse alive, we can ensure that dateline will happen. We can tie subjects together by posting appropriate articles. "

I, and I do believe many others, agree with it.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

I bet Conduit is relieved to have the heat off him for a while...though I am sure he is not happy as to why the media are not paying attention to him.

• belbab
    belbab

Saint Satan,

I did not mean I was at ground zero, but have figuratively been there for the past week, cause I couldn't concentrate on anything else. But now like the rest of the country, I have to return to former concerns, and have to tie them together within the new era we all have entered into.

belbab.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit