Has anyone else been referred to as a "New Wave Apostate"

by 30girl 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• press any key
    press any key
    It's also getting increasingly difficult to explain where are pets are disappearing to.

blame it on the asian family that live down the street, thats what I do

cheers

pak

• Auchmull
    Auchmull

No. But this is my 100th post and I think it moves me out of Newbie shame.

• wednesday
    wednesday

hum ......... my first thought is by "new wave' they mean we are the next big wave of apostates since the big first really major wave, at bethel and all, wave of them in the late 70's and 80's.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    blame it on the asian family that live down the street, thats what I do

LOL!!!!!!!!!

Warlock

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

22a? I think I used to be in 26a?? I can't remember! I used to go to the hall in Watkins Glen!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Seems like something they made up to describe the next generation of Ex-JWs.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    hum.........my first thought is by "new wave' they mean we are the next big wave of apostates since the big first really major wave, at bethel and all, wave of them in the late 70's and 80's.

That makes sense. Though I would be interested to find out when this "New Wave" started...if it were possible to chart the amount of apostates produced each year!

• JimWood
    JimWood

That’s hard to do since many are still in the org. Unless I got the Reasoning Book definition wrong, any person that become inactive can be classed as the big A

• soconfused
    soconfused

Ok I actually know EXACTLY what this person was saying (bec she said it to ME!) What she meant by 'new wave apostate" was they are people who find fault with the org but have no "real" religious conviction...bec I dont want to be Catholic or Baptist we fall into the apostates "for no real religios conviction" The reason she feels that way is bec anytime I try to tell her the faults in the BORG she freaks out and wont hear it...so in her mind we dont have ground to stand on...we just dont want to live as a JW and have all the "fun" of the "wordly lifestyle." Its so true...last night I got high and sold my children to my crack dealer! JEESH Oh and JimWood....30girl is MY sweetie...get it straight buddy!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    have no "real" religious conviction

She and I should sit down and chat someday.

Imagine the scene: An entire town drinking from a single water source that is poisoned with a slow acting toxen and a chemical reagent that renders the water ineffective as a source of hydration upon consumption. You see that the townspeople are suffering all the symptoms of dehydration even though there is PLENTY of water and they are drinking it.

Do you...

(a) ...encourage them to drink more of the water?

(b) ...try to convince them that the water is killing them, strongly encourage them to stop drinking the water immediately and to find another source?

(c) ...stop drinking the water yourself, but recognize that they should be free to keep drinking the water (and encouraging their children to drink it) if they want to do so.

A related question: Would you first require knowledge of a clean source of water before encouraging them to stop drinking the polluted stuff?

That should reveal the logical flaw in her reasoning on this point. If her organized religion is a false organized religion why would someone have to prove first that another organized religion is true? If all organized religions are false, why not leave all of them?

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit