go back east to where the need is greater

by headmath 3 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• headmath
    headmath

How many times have you heard that phrase. When I was a JW I heard that phrase alot. It had a mystical sort of quality about it. I really did not know what it meant though. I guess the WTS were trying to get folks to go to bethel. If you lived east of bethel then I guess they would say "go back west to where the need is greater". I wonder if the WTS says that anymore as it must be old hat by now.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Never heard those exact words, go east that is. I have heard several say if they was unattached and young they would go where the need was greater. Not exactly a particular direction, just wherever the need was greater.

• mama1119
    mama1119

I remember that. Why was the need so great in the east I wonder?? I always thought it sounded horrible to go where the need was greater because that would mean round the clock service, and I HATED going out in SERVICE!

• fokyc
    fokyc

Several sisters from Cheltenham, Gloucestershire went to Scotland (where the need is great!) this summer, I don't know exactly where or how successful they were.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit