Have you ever fallen asleep while praying?

by JH 27 Replies latest jw friends

• LuciousJ
    LuciousJ

I used to be so rid with guilt over this because of course they had 'no no' talks on doing this. I suffer from insomnia and so, now, when I can't fall asleep or I wake up and can't go BACK to sleep.....I purposely start a prayer and it works EVERY time!!! I find it very comforting to fall asleep talking to someone I love. Therefore, rather than feeling guilty anymore, I just realize that evidently I find peace & security in praying to Jah....so much so, that it 'rocks' me to sleep!

LJ

• VM44
    VM44

If you fall asleep while praying, expect to be waken by a lightning bolt! --VM44

• mama1119
    mama1119

Yes all the time. If I am super tired, I pretty much skip it becasue I know I am just going to fall asleep anyway.

• Carmel
    Carmel

I used to but now I just go for the gold, . . .contemplating how I'll spend the lottery I'm gonna win!

carmelbbbbbbb

• Purza
    Purza

When I used to pray, yes I would fall asleep when I prayed at night. Used to think Jehovah's spirit was protecting me all night long because I never ended the prayer. How whacked was that.

No longer pray before a meal. . . or ever. To me -- it is pointless.

Purza

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    YES! I wasn't really spiritual or anything. I guess it was just asking for forgiveness, and it took awhile to think of all that I did that week

Oh Lord Jehovah, you know what I did(giggle), I knew it was wrong but I did it anyway - and I will probably do it again. Oh come on, it was fun, you would do it too! Well anyway Yay God! In Jesus name Amen. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

I remember those days. LMAO Then too

I used to but now I just go for the gold, . . ; .contemplating how I'll spend the lottery I'm gonna win!

carmelbbbbbbb

That is a favorite dream of mine sometimes. VERY FUNNY!! but lately I think if a wish is a prayer than I do every night. I don't exactly think anyone is listening, but I do wish a lot. and I thank the thin air that there is not a God and he does not listen to my wishes because I can be pretty stupid at my wishes at times. Decki

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Nope, never have. We did have a Ministerial Servant who was having small siezures and had an episode while praying publicly. He thanked Jehovah for the "shoe boxes". It was moving.

W.Once

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    Nope, never have. We did have a Ministerial Servant who was having small siezures and had an episode while praying publicly. He thanked Jehovah for the "shoe boxes". It was moving.

That is terrible and I have had that happen before. Not while the person was praying. There was a sister who came to our home for dinner and brought her two kids my age and as we were passing mashed potatos, she had an episode and started slamming the spoon into the bowl and taters were a'flying. We being about 10 years old cracked up laughing and my mom took us all from the room until it was over. I got boxed on the ears so damn hard.

I know it is so bad to laugh but it was funny as hell. That is why I like that comedian that works with the guy from the mind of Mencia...he is habndicap and can laugh at himself. Have you sen him? I swear I about lost it the last time I saw him. He really is something!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Sparkplug,

This brother's siezures were not visible. He would just stare in the distance and swallow hard a few times and then it would pass. When he was praying, he stopped and swallowed and said a few nonsensical things and then finished. I felt bad for him as he was my friend for a number of years. It was funny in retrospect.

W.Once

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    Sparkplug,

This brother's siezures were not visible. He would just stare in the distance and swallow hard a few times and then it would pass. When he was praying, he stopped and swallowed and said a few nonsensical things and then finished. I felt bad for him as he was my friend for a number of years. It was funny in retrospect.

W.Once

aw man. poor guy. I bet it is simular to loosing a train of thought. I always insert the wrong word in a sentence and I swear it makes no sense. I cant imagine having a condition that you have no control over it.

I hate it when that happens. Good thing he had a friend like you. You have to have a friend that you can laugh with and at. lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit