Eye for Eye, Life for Life????

by Cassiline 12 Replies latest jw friends

• JUSTAMOM
    JUSTAMOM

Hello Cassiline:

Yes, as some mention. That is the 'old law' covenant that Christ impaled to the cross (stake)

We are to treat others as we want to be treated.
    Yes, "Vengence belongs to who? Jehovah"

The law covenant is now on our hearts. (supposd to be) based on LOVE MERCY FORGIVENESS. Because we all are deserving of death being sinners in any area (really) you look at it.....
    If YOU WANT mercy shown to you, SHOW MERCY. If YOU WANT to be forgiven YOU MUST FORGIVE. LOVE MUST be a dominant quality of a TRUE CHRISTIAN. That is how we are identified.

Leave the retribution, vengence, and heart judging up to the one that knows us and reads it. Jah and his son!

What a burden we don't need to be carrying.
    May you have peace

JUST A MOM (Kim)

• JW72
    JW72

If I knew that I would live again somewhere, I would be the most PEACEFUL person you have ever met.

I don't know that I will live again somwhere, so I'm gonna protect myself and the people that I want to live with in my life.

Chris

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

HI Julie,
    When I posted those scriptures I was in no way infering that this is an action America should take in light of the recent events. I just saw so many peoples different opinions i.e 'nuke em' and the likes. Then those who wish for peace as I do.

Because my Husband is in the Military and I am so very scared that his life may be lost also due to the retalation of these horrid crimes aginst US soil. And yes to all who may say the US has done the same to other countrys I see this. And to those who may say it was your husbands choice to join the military I know this too. But in the same sence the firefighters and police put their lives on the line for us daily as well.

My point in posting those scriptures was to have a better sence of exactly how one interperts them.

Hope all is well with you Julie.
    ps. Just started to read that link. Thanks again!

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit