Who are false prophets?

by KW13 7 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

Are the Watchtower Society False prophets?

Well it says in the bible, should someone make a prophecy and it not come about then that individual is a false prophet.

Jesus said no one would know when the time of the end was.

JW Lurkers, thirdwitness and others like him. I ask you, what excused the Society in making predictions for something, even though they didn't know when it would come?

There is evidence that from 1914-1975 they made bold predictions that didn't happen. This isn't just spread by word of mouth but rather on paper and in the Society's own publications.

Also - imagine i said to you, next year the end of the world will happen. After nothing happens, i then say "ah, new light actually i was wrong". Not really that difficult is it?

1914 was never predicted, they chose that date after for when Christ arrived 'invisibly'. If Christ arrived 'invisibly' then where is your evidence to prove, that he is indeed ruling in heaven right now? There isn't any if he's invisible...OH and does anywhere in the bible, give a hint about this 'invisible presence'.

Is he invisible, because you can't see him, or is he just invisible for fun?

If its invisible, how come his arrival in heaven caused WWI? Satan was ALREADY cast down to earth, so did he want a firework show?

Then you have the 144,000. Males who are virgins and it even tells you where they are chosen from in Revelation, not the Watchtower Society but from i think it was the tribes of israel...so how did this become the 'annointed' of the Society?

And I heard the number of those who were sealed, a hundred and forty-four thousand, sealed out of every tribe of the sons of Israel:

After this I saw four angels standing upon the four corners of the earth, holding tight the four winds of the earth, that no wind might blow upon the earth or upon the sea or upon any tree. 2 And I saw another angel ascending from the sunrising, having a seal of [the] living God; and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was granted to harm the earth and the sea, 3 saying: “Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees, until after we have sealed the slaves of our God in their foreheads.”

4 And I heard the number of those who were sealed, a hundred and forty-four thousand, sealed out of every tribe of the sons of Israel:

5 Out of the tribe of Judah twelve thousand sealed;
    out of the tribe of Reu'ben twelve thousand;
    out of the tribe of Gad twelve thousand;
    6 out of the tribe of Ash'er twelve thousand;
    out of the tribe of Naph'ta·li twelve thousand;
    out of the tribe of Ma·nas'seh twelve thousand;
    7 out of the tribe of Sim'e·on twelve thousand;
    out of the tribe of Le'vi twelve thousand;
    out of the tribe of Is'sa·char twelve thousand;
    8 out of the tribe of Zeb'u·lun twelve thousand;
    out of the tribe of Joseph twelve thousand;
    out of the tribe of Benjamin twelve thousand sealed.

- so from this, we also get the impression that all the 144,000 must be in heaven before the tribulation, but thats not going to happen is it? the society keep saying the end is near despite the fact there are still annointed ones on earth.

The scripture in luke 22:28 “However, YOU are the ones that have stuck with me in my trials; 29 and I make a covenant with YOU, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom, 30 that YOU may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones to judge the twelve tribes of Israel.

he doesn't say the annointed of the Watchtower Society.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

The defining factor is that they don't claim to be inspired prophets. They allegedly aren't prophesying in His name.

So it isn't God's actual words they speak - He only guides them.

Only possible conclusion - they make God Himself out to be the liar.......

And the official answer is on p.134 of the 'Reasoning' book!!!!

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Jeremiah 23
    20 The anger of the LORD shall not return, until he have executed, and till he have performed the thoughts of his heart: in the latter days ye shall consider it perfectly.
    21 I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran: I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied.
    22 But if they had stood in my counsel, and had caused my people to hear my words, then they should have turned them from their evil way, and from the evil of their doings.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

If someone foretells events that have not yet happened, interprets Bible prophecy, and compels the acceptance of the interpretation on the basis of being God's Channel of communication, that person is a prophet.

They say they are not a prophet, but they fulfill the role of a prophet. They only refuse to wear the official garment of hair.

Zechariah 13:2-6
    “And it must occur in that day,” is the utterance of Jehovah of armies, “[that] I shall cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they will no more be remembered; and also the prophets and the spirit of uncleanness I shall cause to pass out of the land. And it must occur [that] in case a man should prophesy anymore, his father and his mother, the ones who caused his birth, must also say to him, ‘You will not live, because falsehood is what you have spoken in the name of Jehovah.’ And his father and his mother, the ones who caused his birth, must pierce him through because of his prophesying.
    “And it must occur in that day [that] the prophets will become ashamed, each one of his vision when he prophesies; and they will not wear an official garment of hair for the purpose of deceiving. And he will certainly say, ‘I am no prophet. I am a man cultivating [the] soil, because an earthling man himself acquired me from my youth on.’ And one must say to him, ‘What are these wounds [on your person] between your hands?’ And he will have to say, ‘Those with which I was struck in the house of my intense lovers.’”

Isn't it nice to know that they really are fulfilling prophecy after all?

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

In my mind the watchtower society are the bigest false prophets to come down the pike. And from these you should flee!

• praiseband
    praiseband

Do I understand that the 144,000 will be (are) virgins?

• Arthur
    Arthur
    The defining factor is that they don't claim to be inspired prophets. They allegedly aren't prophesying in His name.

So it isn't God's actual words they speak - He only guides them.

The tongue-tying and tortured language that the WTS uses to excuse their own bullsh*t never ceases to amaze me. It's like when Bill Clinton said that it all depends on what the deffintion of the word "is" is.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Isn't it nice to know that they really are fulfilling prophecy after all?

Yeah, it's sad to think about how Nostradamus has a better track record than they do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit