Are some people better off staying in the WTS?

by HalfWayThere 22 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

It's their choice. If they know it is a lie and they can stay....eventually they will leave. Others suspect it is a lie but don't look too closely so they don't have to make a decision. Others will have the cruelty of the individual JWs and/or the organization slap them in the face repeatedly, some will stay and some will leave. It's all about the dynamics of abuse and how each individual deals with it.

Blondie

• thepackage
    thepackage

I’ve felt that some people should stay Dub’s because if they left their world would crumble and they might be mentally unstable. Some people need religion or something to believe in so they can ignore the crappy situation around them. Also, some Dub’s can’t afford to leave since their employment or customers are also Dub’s. I knew a Dub whose construction business consisted of 75% customer being Dub’s. How could he afford to leave?

• Satanus
    Satanus

I agree that for some people, it is better to stay in the religion. My mother probably should stay. She has a good social position, secure feeling, seemingly happy, etc, except for her renegade, apostate son (me) who must cause her pain when she thinks of him.

I look at the wt world as an institution, similar to a jail or orphenage. sometimes, people who grow up in institutions are unable to run their own lives if they are liberated. In the free, rough and timble world, they could easily be targeted or victimised by users and criminal types. They could also miss the institutional crutch so much that they grab onto new crutches like alchohol or drugs. If they were to stay stuck in these habits, their lives a shambles, they may be better off staying jw. Other people that might be better staying in the wt institution are mentally handicapped people, people that could not manage their lives, but are able to within the wt wall.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit