Glimmer of Hope

by choosing life 7 Replies latest jw friends

• choosing life
    choosing life

My grown daughter asked about 1975 the other day. She wanted ro knoiw if the society really said the end woukd come back then. I told her about the quotes I had read complimenting the ones who had sold houses and were pioneering with the money at that time. She just listened ouietly and didn't say much, but the wheels were turning. I didn't push it and only answered questions. Maybe there is still hope.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Well CL,

If she's asking questions about that, she may start to question other things.

I hope so

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Let the seed you planted grow! It takes a little time.

Outaservice

• Blackbird2004
    Blackbird2004

I wish I had a mother like you!

I love that when you ask a Witness about 1975, that they down play it. "Those people over reacted!" or "The society never said that 1975 was the end of the system." Then they go back and re-write the WT and Awake articles in their bound volumes to cover up their lies. So young people like your daughter would never know about it.

The Organization has a lot in common with a story I heard once about a snake in a tree telling lies.

• mama1119
    mama1119

Thats great. Im glad she feels comfortable asking you questions.

• mama1119
    mama1119

• mama1119
    mama1119

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Yes thats a good sign that there is hope. For a lot of us it took years of thinking quietly on questions like those before we had the courage to face our cognitive dissonance.

Slow but sure wins the race.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit