Met a JW while my mom was in surgery

by JWdaughter 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Thank you all for the kind words. Of course I have thought of all that I could have said and didn't, but I think it was a good conversation and I know I gave her (and elder across the room) something to think about. She was a very nice lady, never was nasty, and I liked her, so I hope she gets the courage to look further into things that 'bug' her.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Arthur said: JWdaughter, Great post. I really enjoyed reading it. I have one question about what you wrote: missed so many other things, the perverted baptism, the questionable translations, the dishonest quotations(that I have seen for myself), the twisted logic and on and on. When you said: "the dishonest quotations", which ones particularly are you refering to. Are you refering to the ones in the Creation Book? Just curious. >>>>>>>>>>I wanted to just tell you a little about myself. When I was 18 or so, I went to BYU's library. They have a very complete collection of JW literature. I also, while in another state, went to a religious seminary's library that also had a very good collection of it. I had the opportunity to read many of the things that I had seen 'quoted' before in anti literature that JWs will tell you are misquotes and out of context. Well, they were not either, although I actually found one that was damning even IF a bit out of context. This was over 20 years ago, and I don't have the notes I took anymore. I also saw some crazy things in the WT literature. since one can get most of it online or on disks nowadays, it is interesting to look up and just read for the pure "alice in wonderland" effect of it all (that crazy!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit